Non-draft pursuit of young defenseman

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Not to poor more fuel on the fire and we already have the strange Svechnikov brother angle here.

But Hanifin and Werenski are Larkin's best friends by almost all accounts, those three were extremely tight with the USMNTDP. We should be so lucky to unite all of them with the Wings, they would never leave and that is a real interesting core. It would have to wait on Werenski for a little while, but I would be Parise to Minnesota bullish it is happening if Hanifin and Larkin are in Detroit. :laugh:

Yes, please.

Go along with drafting Quinn Hughes or Oliver Wahlstrom and signing Kyle Connor when he's freed up from Winnipeg.

Connor - Larkin - Wahlstrom
Werenski - X

That would be a University of Michigan line worth having.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yes, please.

Go along with drafting Quinn Hughes or Oliver Wahlstrom and signing Kyle Connor when he's freed up from Winnipeg.

Werenski - X

That would be a University of Michigan line worth having.

X = Trouba

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Bingo.

I'm fine with a "we love all Wolverines" if it ends up with a line like that.

That would be scary as hell.

And he might not be a Wolverine, but if the Jets want to throw us local kid Hellebuyck, I won't object.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yes, please.

Werenski - X

8c92bf94-d76c-4676-bdce-3d63bbcaec42_text_hi.gif

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

We need this stupid little game, Frk It. Just let us have our stupid little game.

Jim: Today of all days...
Michael: No, you shut up. They need this game, Jim. Let us have this stupid little game, alright? [Jim nods]

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Curious what DRW fans think is a fair offer for Trouba if the Jets cannot come to terms on a long term contract?

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Curious what DRW fans think is a fair offer for Trouba if the Jets cannot come to terms on a long term contract?

Anything but Larkin. And only because it would be opening an equally large hole elsewhere.

Problematically, I don't imagine there's anything else on our roster that Winnipeg would want in return.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Anything but Larkin. And only because it would be opening an equally large hole elsewhere.

Problematically, I don't imagine there's anything else on our roster that Winnipeg would want in return.
I'd guess the Jets would consider something like Mantha + the Vegas pick. Not saying Detroit would like that deal, but I'd imagine that without Larkin, something along those lines would be the asking price.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I agree with both @njx9 and @jkutswings.

If we’re willing to get creative I think Ericsson is an under the radar piece that could make sense for Winnipeg. Ericsson isn't a sexy asset but he has quietly been very steady and consistent for the wings the last couple of years. He has experience in the SCF and his coaches love him. At 25% retained the Jets would have him signed for 2 years at 3 million. I believe this would make him a solid, cost controlled #4 on a contender especially if he can play with a more offensive guy.

Obviously Ericsson isn't getting Trouba straight up so we’d have to look at adding Nyquist/AA/30th/33/36.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
If we’re willing to get creative I think Ericsson is an under the radar piece that could make sense for Winnipeg.

Ericsson (with a heavy plus) could make sense for a lot of teams if we retained a fair amount on his contract. If he's uninjured, I think he's a great lower pairing guy.

I'd guess the Jets would consider something like Mantha + the Vegas pick. Not saying Detroit would like that deal, but I'd imagine that without Larkin, something along those lines would be the asking price.

My assumption is that they'd want a D-piece back, rather than more forwards, with Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers and Connor already locking down the top 6, but I don't know any of the contract situations, so maybe if one of those guys was going to depart? But even then, Mantha is about to get expensive.

That said, I'd ship that out in a heartbeat, and I think Mantha is going to be a pretty good player.

Reactions: SirloinUB

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

I'm not sure what would be fair, but I would bet Holland would be less inclined to include Larkin or Mantha in a deal. I would bet the Vegas 2018 1st, Athanasiou, one of their top D prospects (Hronek or Cholowski) , and a possible combination of their four 2nd and four 3rd rounders for 2018 and 2019 would be on the table.

How close in value is Trouba to Hamonic?

Hamonic and a condition 2019 4th (which has been converted) fetched a non lottery protected 2018 1st, 2018 2nd and a conditinal 2019 2nd (which has also been converted).

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'm not sure what would be fair, but I would bet Holland would be less inclined to include Larkin or Mantha in a deal. I would bet the Vegas 2018 1st, Athanasiou, one of their top D prospects (Hronek or Cholowski) , and a possible combination of their four 2nd and four 3rd rounders for 2018 and 2019 would be on the table.

How close in value is Trouba to Hamonic?

Hamonic and a condition 2019 4th (which has been converted) fetched a non lottery protected 2018 1st, 2018 2nd and a conditinal 2019 2nd (which has also been converted).
I would say Trouba is significantly higher in value than Hamonic. Younger, better and higher upside. Contract is a negative though.

Not sure Detroit can afford to give up what the Jets would want/need. Cant see the Red Wings not having to give up #6 pick + something significant. Is Athanasiou definitely a winger now?

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
After last night I think its fairly likely that we make a trade for a young-ish dman at some point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->