Post-Game Talk: non champs in blue shirts @ Stanley Cup Champs in red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'll take it all day over having to get through Tampa and Toronto

Really? Tampa I get, but unless the Leafs do something major at the deadline I would take the Caps over them. I am also not super convinced Andersen is the goalie to get them there.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Really? Tampa I get, but unless the Leafs do something major at the deadline I would take the Caps over them. I am also not super convinced Andersen is the goalie to get them there.
Devils have a PDO of 108 with a journeyman in net, I don't trust Columbus to keep it together with the pending UFAs, but I do think Toronto will sign Nylander and/or add a piece while they've still got these guys on entry level deals and I already think they project to be as tough a matchup as the Pens by April.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Devils have a PDO of 108 with a journeyman in net, I don't trust Columbus to keep it together with the pending UFAs, but I do think Toronto will sign Nylander and/or add a piece while they've still got these guys on entry level deals and I already think they project to be as tough a matchup as the Pens by April.

It's gonna be bananas when the Jackets have to trade Panarin at the deadline. Bob should re-sign, rumors a great deal has been offered, but zero chance for Panarin.

Hard fast rule that I don't look at the standings until game 20, so I'll get back to you on the Devils. ;)

Reactions: Silky mitts

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It is possible that The Caps could be in the basement of the Metro division after tonight.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Doesn't seem like your type with the 60+% offensive zone start and the lack of defensive contributions.
That was total sarcasm. I dont like Shattenkirk at all. I thought he was a bum with the Blues and was pissed when we traded for him. I think he was the main reason for our playoff failure in 2017.
I actually feel he is the worst defensive dman in the NHL. And he usntb a great skater. Trotz wasnt wrong when he said Shattenkirk wasnt a top pairing dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad