Nolan Patrick year 2 Review

How would you rate Patrick's year .

• Total voters

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Saying that management is going to get impatient enough to trade Patrick if he doesn't hit a certain amount of points is 100% a pure guess with nothing to back it up.

No reason to worry.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They will get impatient, but not based on a points target.
They want to see Patrick play with more confidence and swagger, be more physical, and continue to improve defensively.
If he does that, they won't be worried about points - which in his case will depend on his forwards and his PP usage.

Reactions: hatcher

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They already got impatient. They signed a 50 point center (who I do like) to a $7 mil x 7 year deal with a NMC. If that's not impatient, what are they going to do next? Trade Patrick for pennies and offer Schenn $8 mil x 7 years next offseason?

He's a 20 year old #2 overall pick who has already shown he's a capable 3C at minimum, with flashes of a 2C. He's not breaking the bank on his 2nd contract. Hayes and him don't directly overlap either, given the former's versatility. I guarantee no one on the management team is so irrational and short sighted to set outlandish, borderline impossible expectations in an imaginary do-or-die year.

RebusFlyer

May 21, 2017
They already got impatient. They signed a 50 point center (who I do like) to a $7 mil x 7 year deal with a NMC. If that's not impatient, what are they going to do next? Trade Patrick for pennies and offer Schenn $8 mil x 7 years next offseason?

He's a 20 year old #2 overall pick who has already shown he's a capable 3C at minimum, with flashes of a 2C. He's not breaking the bank on his 2nd contract. Hayes and him don't directly overlap either, given the former's versatility. I guarantee no one on the management team is so irrational and short sighted to set outlandish, borderline impossible expectations in an imaginary do-or-die year.
There you go again, being all nuanced and reasonable and fact-based analytical. Just get with the program and vent and emote. Or is it the other way around? Whatever.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Patrick really does remind me of Johansen, & I expect him to become a similar player.

I don’t think Patrick is at his ceiling, because for a month he looked like a completely different player. So there’s another level there. He just has to do it much more consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->