Nolan Patrick vs Casey Mittelstadt

Nolan Patrick vs Casey Mittelstadt

• Total voters

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Patrick. This isn't a Petterson situation, Mittelstadt hasn't done anything over the past year and a half to pass Patrick.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Patrick. Though neither player is going to live up to their draft hype/

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I don't have a firm opinion on Mittelstadt, but for his part, Patrick looks every bit the future 60-70 point two-way center.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Casey looks lost, like a not ready NHL lost. Similar to Pulujurvi. despite decent hands, he looks clueless out there. I still can't believe future watch had this guy as the number 1 prospect. It's like Hollywood North works for them or something.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
nobody even remotely implied this so....
Yeah, that's why there is a comma and more to the sentence. Did you just stop reading or are you ignoring the part where I said Mittelstadt hasn't done anything to pass Patrick who was clearly the higher rated player when they were both drafted? My point is that Petterson has proven that his draft position was wrong and that he should have been taken before Patrick, Mittelstadt has not. Reading comprehension is tough.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Yeah, that's why there is a comma and more to the sentence. Did you just stop reading or are you ignoring the part where I said Mittelstadt hasn't done anything to pass Patrick who was clearly the higher rated player when they were both drafted? My point is that Petterson has proven that his draft position was wrong and that he should have been taken before Patrick, Mittelstadt has not. Reading comprehension is tough.
Petterison has nothing to do with either....and literally has nothing to do with either of them or any comparison with them. There was no point of bringing him up in the conversation.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Petterison has nothing to do with either....and literally has nothing to do with either of them or any comparison with them. There was no point of bringing him up in the conversation.
Logic seems to be difficult for you to grasp so let me break it down for you. A discussion of two players can often include other players as a comparison. All three players were drafted in 2017 and play the same position. Patrick was 2nd, Petterson was 5th, and Mittelstadt was 8th. In this scenario I was pointing out that for a player that was a consensus 2nd overall pick to be overtaken by the 8th pick, the 8th pick has to do something to prove he's the better player. Petterson was my example of a player who has jumped over Patrick since the draft because he's proven to be the better player while Mittelstadt has not done anything to warrant overtaking Patrick. I'm not sure why mentioning Petterson's name was so triggering to you but it's not uncommon to use other players as an example when making a point.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Logic seems to be difficult for you to grasp so let me break it down for you. A discussion of two players can often include other players as a comparison. All three players were drafted in 2017 and play the same position. Patrick was 2nd, Petterson was 5th, and Mittelstadt was 8th. In this scenario I was pointing out that for a player that was a consensus 2nd overall pick to be overtaken by the 8th pick, the 8th pick has to do something to prove he's the better player. Petterson was my example of a player who has jumped over Patrick since the draft because he's proven to be the better player while Mittelstadt has not done anything to warrant overtaking Patrick. I'm not sure why mentioning Petterson's name was so triggering to you but it's not uncommon to use other players as an example when making a point.
logic fails you the discussion is between Patrick and Casey....not the 2017 draft class. Your example fails because no one even remotely hinted at Casey surpassing him at all. I'm not triggered your just being like one of those Leaf fans that have to bring up Matthews in a thread he doesn't belong in.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
logic fails you the discussion is between Patrick and Casey....not the 2017 draft class.
So in your warped mind, mentioning other players isn't allowed in a discussion? Providing an example of what a player has to do to jump over someone who was unanimously considered the better player less than 2 years ago isn't relevant? Why does mentioning another player's name as an example so bothersome to you? It's not like I turned the conversation into a Patrick vs Petterson or Petterson vs Mittelstadt debate. If anything, that's what you've done here. Get over it.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
So in your warped mind, mentioning other players isn't allowed in a discussion? Providing an example of what a player has to do to jump over someone who was unanimously considered the better player less than 2 years ago isn't relevant? Why does mentioning another player's name as an example so bothersome to you? It's not like I turned the conversation into a Patrick vs Petterson or Petterson vs Mittelstadt debate. If anything, that's what you've done here. Get over it.
Its a good way of wasting time rather than discussing the two players in the discussion directly and keep it at that. Also insulting people that actually want to keep the discussion between two players presented in the OP is funny. Do you see me whining at anybody with opinions against Casey because I'm a Sabres fan?

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Its a good way of wasting time rather than discussing the two players in the discussion directly and keep it at that. Also insulting people that actually want to keep the discussion between two players presented in the OP is funny. Do you see me whining at anybody with opinions against Casey because I'm a Sabres fan?
Providing examples isn't wasting time. It's called adding context. Another poster mentioned Pulujurvi as a comparable player to Mittelstadt which again is valid as long as he's tying in the comparison to one of the players this discussion is about. Have you never mentioned a player in a thread that wasn't specifically about that player?

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Providing examples isn't wasting time. It's called adding context. Another poster mentioned Pulujurvi as a comparable player to Mittelstadt which again is valid as long as he's tying in the comparison to one of the players this discussion is about. Have you never mentioned a player in a thread that wasn't specifically about that player?
You could of pointed out that Gretzsky is the GOAT and it would be as valuable as saying player X is better when literally everyone knows it. Give you a hint you take out that entire portion out of the comment and it makes no difference in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->