Nolan Patrick, Part 2

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
This kid is still incredibly underrated by most non-Flyers fans, IMO. I expect him to hit 80 points within the next two seasons, and at least 60 this year, assuming he is on PP1.

I'm not even sure I fully appreciate how lucky the Flyers were to get him.

I guess you could say that, for all intensive purposes and irregardless of what those people say, he has peaked my interest, and he won't end up as an escape goat, IMO.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Saw this on the main boards and thought of the grammar convo from the other day. I won't humiliate the person by showing their name.

"There is a flaw in your argument. Team considerations. Kyrou may not be as good as patches, but he could be in future. Mostly blues don't due that trade because of the following.
1) we have plenty of lw on the team to many in fact.
2) kyrou is c/rw mostly rw and a huge potential scoring threat that could in time slot behind tarasenko and can skate circles around patches"

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Saw this on the main boards and thought of the grammar convo from the other day. I won't humiliate the person by showing their name.

"There is a flaw in your argument. Team considerations. Kyrou may not be as good as patches, but he could be in future. Mostly blues don't due that trade because of the following.
1) we have plenty of lw on the team to many in fact.
2) kyrou is c/rw mostly rw and a huge potential scoring threat that could in time slot behind tarasenko and can skate circles around patches"

giphy.gif

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
[QUOTE="joez86, post: 148588411, member: 33548"]This kid is still incredibly underrated by most non-Flyers fans, IMO. I expect him to hit 80 points within the next two seasons, and at least 60 this year, assuming he is on PP1.

I guess you could say that, for all intensive purposes and irregardless of what those people say, he has peaked my interest, and he won't end up as an escape goat, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. He has been getting pub recently especially with fantasty hockey starting to heat up. Mike johnson on nhl network ranked him number 1 player to break out this season. He is under the radar a bit but that is all

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This kid is still incredibly underrated by most non-Flyers fans, IMO. I expect him to hit 80 points within the next two seasons, and at least 60 this year, assuming he is on PP1.

I guess you could say that, for all intensive purposes and irregardless of what those people say, he has peaked my interest, and he won't end up as an escape goat, IMO.

Joe, I am going to assume that you did all of that on purpose, and I love it. :thumbu:

Reactions: Rebels57 and joez86

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
I disagree. He has been getting pub recently especially with fantasty hockey starting to heat up. Mike johnson on nhl network ranked him number 1 player to break out this season. He is under the radar a bit but that is all
Yea, I saw the Johnson thing, but I still feel like a lot of fans of other teams on this board treat Patrick as if he were a finished product, or as if he had only second line upside.

I should probably just avoid the main boards, though... in fact, I could care less about what they think, and would have more piece of mind if I stuck to this board. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Been saying that for almost a year.
Imagine being a young professional athlete and not being able to work out for two off-seasons in a row, and start each season recovering from surgery.
That has to put a serious crimp in your development.

Your strength comes from your core, and he hasn't been able to work his core for two years.
And as he said, he can now run, i.e., focus on improving aerobic conditioning.

Some here think his minutes were limited last year by coaching pique, it's obvious that he simply wasn't physically ready, even in the spring, to carry a full load - not because he was a rookie, but because he wasn't in NHL shape. Even when he was skating better, he struggled to handle contact because he just didn't have the core or upper body strength.

With a full summer to work out, hit the weights, develop stamina, watch out world!

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

I do. I remember well watching his Jr games while scouting Provorov and thinking, 'this kid is SO good, pity we'll never get a shot at drafting him.' We really lucked out.

Reactions: Adtar02 and kudymen

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I do. I remember well watching his Jr games while scouting Provorov and thinking, 'this kid is SO good, pity we'll never get a shot at drafting him.' We really lucked out.

I want to post it everyday (and for a while I did), I cant believe we landed a #2 pick in Nolan Patrick's draft year - and Nolan Patrick fell to that pick.

Reactions: pmwlker and Larry44

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think if Patrick had been healthy his pre-draft season, he'd have been the clear #1 pick.
Nico is a solid player, but he was also the safe pick compared to the player with the reoccurring injury.

Reactions: pmwlker

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
I'm sure he is, but Hakstol is stupid.
No argument here, but I think he’s the type of player that is responsible enough and now experienced enough to be immune from that for the most part. Plus there isn’t a good solid veteran like Flip to tempt Hak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad