Nolan Patrick, Part 2

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bobby Ryan? The overpaid, underperforming Bobby Ryan?

I fail to see how he's even close to Couturier, let alone a flashier version.

I think a lot of people overvalue Ryan because of where he grew up.

Hes making fun of Boxscore, who has made those awful claims in the past.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Grammar mistakes where people use the wrong form of a word drive me nuts.

Too, to, two

Their, they’re, there

Your, you’re

Who’s, whose

Meet, meat

Sweat, sweet

Won, one

Idiot, Hakstol

And then it REALLY drives me crazy when my phone autocorrects to the wrong one and I don’t realize it until it’s too late. I have no idea why it does that.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Grammar mistakes where people use the wrong form of a word drive me nuts.

Too, to, two

Their, they’re, there

Your, you’re

Who’s, whose

Meet, meat

Sweat, sweet

Won, one

Idiot, Hakstol

And then it REALLY drives me crazy when my phone autocorrects to the wrong one and I don’t realize it until it’s too late. I have no idea why it does that.
Yeah, they make me loose my mind.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, they make me loose my mind.
sohghm94jiq01.gif

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
My two big ones are "mine as well" instead of "might as well" and the whole dominant/dominate conundrum. I want to gouge out my eyeballs every time I read "X/Y/Z is a dominate player".

Reactions: Rebels57

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I'm resigned to the fact that people will always do this.

Typing out that stupid hyphen is what's really annoying. I refuse to do it. You all know what the f*** I'm trying to say.

Meanwhile, I shudder when I see people spell ridiculous with an e or write should of instead of should've. There are some posters on this board who are guilty of this and I know exactly who they are because it annoys me so much.

Reactions: Rebels57

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Yeah, the grammar error that makes me wince is "He had went" instead of "he had gone". I know it's lame to be concerned with grammar, but I find myself a partial grammar Nazi.

Oh, f*** off. It's part of my freaking NE Philly dialect and I can't get rid of it no matter how hard I try. My wife - whose first language isn't even English - STILL corrects me after more than 20 years whenever I use went instead of gone. You'd think by now she'd realize that I'm hopeless.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Oh, **** off. It's part of my freaking NE Philly dialect and I can't get rid of it no matter how hard I try. My wife - whose first language isn't even English - STILL corrects me after more than 20 years whenever I use went instead of gone. You'd think by now she'd realize that I'm hopeless.

Crick or Creek?

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Crick or Creek?

Either, but primarily creek. Like, it's Pennypack Creek, but I'd be up a crick without a paddle. I'll also say rad (as in rhymes with had) iator or ra (sounds like ray) diator depending on nothing really at all. My accent's fairly subtle but there. I had a colleague from California who one day sat up with surprise after I was speaking and said, "You have an accent!" I had been working with him for several years before he noticed.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Slow day in Flyer land....
Grammar cops are out and about!!!

pulled up this thread and was hoping for some Nolan Patrick news.

anyway, Nolan reminds me of a more puck dominate Toews on offense. Toews can do everything in the ozone, but he for whatever reasons plays a very passive game. Patrick can do everying in the ozone and I think he will be more of a play driver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad