Nolan Patrick, Part 2

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
For 5x5, look at pp/60 or pp1/60.

PP, you have to take into account roles, Couts never got a chance to pad his stats on the PP (neither did Marchand most of his career).
The only PP guys who really matter are top PP QBs (Ghost, Giroux) or top goal scorers (Simmonds).
Other than that, as Schenn leaving showed, any solid offensive player is basically fungible on the PP.
Stick any decent forward on a good PP and they'll get 20 points.

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
source.gif

Guys you know what is awesome? We get to have both Couts and Patrick! Nolan f***in future 40 goaler Patrick

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Even people on this board still underrate Couturier.

I don't think Giroux is going to continue to be a 90+ point guy but I do expect Couturier, getting top-line minutes and PP1 time, will consistently put up 60-75 points over the next several years.
Those are some BOLD projections there, Nostradamus.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I see Couts as a 50 point ES guy on the 1st or 1A line, this year's production is probably an anomaly.
If he stays on PP1 (but with Ratcliffe and Allison, that's not guaranteed) he'll get another 20-25 points a year. Or 70-75 points.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I see Couts as a 50 point ES guy on the 1st or 1A line, this year's production is probably an anomaly.
If he stays on PP1 (but with Ratcliffe and Allison, that's not guaranteed) he'll get another 20-25 points a year. Or 70-75 points.

I wouldn't mind seeing him moved off there altogether just to save some wear and tear and let him focus on ES and PK.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
source.gif

Guys you know what is awesome? We get to have both Couts and Patrick! Nolan ****in future 40 goaler Patrick

Frost, Patrick, and Couturier plus Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers, and Carter Hart.

Such an awesome young core that will win multiple cups.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Coots in my eyes in a border line 1C. If he repeats is season, and maybe improves on it, then he’ll probably push himself into the “for sure #1 C tier”.

I see O’Reilly as overrated, but more as an overpay then anything. He’s making 7.500 and put up 50 some points on the worst team in the NHL. If you give him a supporting cast, then I could see him put up some sneaky good numbers offensively.

How is this still a conversation?

People who don't see Coots as a 1C are 1L's

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I think the way the team is being contructed will make the Couts argument moot.
Between late 20's Couts and early 20's Patrick + Frost that should be enough to get it done down the middle.
Yeah there's no Crosby/McDavid there but that's quality center depth on paper backed up by
mid 20's Provorov and late 20's Ghost + Myers,Morin, etc.

Just need depth at forward and somewhat competent goaltending. Which is also in the wings.
If Hexy would just stop standing around with his **** in his hand, and gets rid of Hak, we should be fine.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Between late 20's Couts and early 20's Patrick + Frost that should be enough to get it done down the middle.
Yeah there's no Crosby/McDavid there but that's quality center depth on paper backed up by

Just need depth at forward and somewhat competent goaltending. Which is also in the wings.
If Hexy would just stop standing around with his **** in his hand, and gets rid of Hak, we should be fine.

It should be comparable center depth to what the Kings and Blackhawks were able to get it done with, and not far behind the Capitals. Our hopes will come down to a goalie prospect hitting and as you said, a new coaching staff.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Don't sleep on Vorobyev, size, decent speed, high hockey IQ, smooth passer.

Reactions: Lotusflower

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think in a couple years you may see players shifting lines depending on matchups, especially in the playoffs.
You might want to replace Giroux with Lindblom or another more physical LW if you want to match the Couts line against a top scoring line.
Put Frost with two speedy wingers for a speed line, or with two big wings if we're playing a "dirty" team that might want to run at him.

There's just a lot more you can do when you have better options than three of Filppula, Lehtera, Leier, Read and Weise.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We got lucky with Patrick, but Frost, Farabee, Ratcliffe, TK were smart trades AND good drafting, Hart, Allison, Lindblom, etc were good drafting after the 1st rd, and Myers was both luck and recognizing talent when it falls into your lap.
Take a bit of everything, luck, preparation, guts and smarts.

Reactions: Angry Hockey Dad

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Should of taken Mittelstadt. Patrick's ceiling is a flashier Couturier, while Casey will be the next Bobby Ryan.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
The second half is more like coots when the year gets tougher down the stretch. Hard to trust any top player not named Provy on this team. He wasn't as good as the year before either.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Should of taken Mittelstadt. Patrick's ceiling is a flashier Couturier, while Casey will be the next Bobby Ryan.

Bobby Ryan? The overpaid, underperforming Bobby Ryan?

I fail to see how he's even close to Couturier, let alone a flashier version.

I think a lot of people overvalue Ryan because of where he grew up.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I remember back when Patrick was declared a bust a month or two into the year. Not enough skill, horrible skater, blah blah blah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->