Nolan Patrick, Part 2

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Can't believe people were imposing a 2C ceiling on this kid.

I think he will be our best Center by his 3rd season and a top 10-15 Center in the entire NHL at his peak.
Yeah I mean considering last year when he was injured a bunch and this year when he was injured a bunch, there were only limited times when I thought that maybe he didn't belong at the moment (though, it wasn't like a "send him down" scenario, just like an, "oof, gotta work on that" scenario). Dude can play and with a full year playing good minutes with good linemates next year I think he can encroach that 60 point mark, and by the following season be our go-to guy.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I just envision the 2 big studs with the slick Frost in the middle:

Ratcliffe Frost Allison

And don't tell that a 4th line that is a shutdown line of:

Laczynski Vorobyev NAK

....can't be very effective.

Christ....where the hell is our 1st rd pick this year going to play?? lol

Sadly, we may be drafting Giroux or Couts replacement this coming draft.

My apologies to Rubstov, Strome, Bunny, Kase, etc... We are going to be REALLY slow roasting prospects and moving them for more futures. The pipeline is going to be spilling over!

Laczynski will probably be a RW, if Laughton stays he'll be the LW on the checking line, otherwise Rubtsov.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
As far as Patrick, he skates well enough already, but a summer working on strength, conditioning, skating technique, watch out!
I mean the guy hasn't been able to build up core strength for two years, and he's at an age where he could really add strength quickly.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Since the start of March Patrick has matched Hischier in p/60 at five on five, both are at 2.07. I know given the sample size it's almost irrelevant, but still it's nice to see.

Edit: Before people start shitting on Hischier to somehow make Patrick look better, just don't. That sort of nonsense belongs on main boards.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
G Couts Jake
Oskar Nolan TK

Could be wicked next year , play them close to same ice time.
Dig this for sure. Hopefully one (or more) of Rubstov, Ratcliffe, Frost, or NAK bust in to the lineup as well and have an impact.

With that top six, assuming these guys improve and don't regress, I think we can safely deal Simmer to the highest bidder, even if it isn't exactly what we want, and hope a youngin can play a third line role at a good level. Not mandatory and I usually don't suggest this sort of thing, but we got a ton of talent and if Simmer isn't in a top six scoring role he doesn't have the same value to Philly that he does to other teams. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Hischier is ugly
e2809coh-he-was-a-little-guye280a6-kinda-funny-lookin_-e2809d-fargo.gif

nah. just kinda funny lookin.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Unlike the Schenns....the Patricks have good hockey genes. Hated the Rangers and still do but I respected his uncle James as a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad