Nolan Patrick, Part 2

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I will say, the first 30 games to the latest 30 games are seriously night and day. His skating is phenomenal, he's getting used to playing in the NHL with other more experienced players and is really showing off his hands much more frequently. While it didn't score, that real quick off the boards pass through his own legs to another Flyers player for a shot on goal last night was something special and jaw dropping on how effortless he made it look.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'm very excited to see what Patrick can do next year. I wouldn't mind starting him on the top line with G in 18-19.

Reactions: duffy9748

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Don't break up a good thing, Patrick will only be 20 next year.
And it's not like Couts hasn't been a top ten NHL center this year.

Of course, in 2020-21, Frost will be our 1C. :sarcasm:

Reactions: The Rage Kage

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Don't break up a good thing, Patrick will only be 20 next year.
And it's not like Couts hasn't been a top ten NHL center this year.

Of course, in 2020-21, Frost will be our 1C. :sarcasm:

You can always put them back together. It wouldn't hurt to see how a G-NP-TK line looks. And yes, the next Gretzky is on his way (no :sarcasm:)

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm very excited to see what Patrick can do next year. I wouldn't mind starting him on the top line with G in 18-19.

Just because of handness, I'd like to keep G with a lefty. He might be able to earn that spot, but in Philadelphia, bad personnel decisions are a way of life, in spite of better alternatives.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I have no issue keeping these together.

G Couts TK
OL NP JV

It's crazy that we could keep this together for the next 4 years all while the bottom 6 gets easier minutes and builds chemistry.

Even if Partick becomes better than Couts in the next year or 2, that is a GREAT thing and will really give other teams matchup issues.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

G Couts TK
OL NP JV

It's crazy that we could keep this together for the next 4 years all while the bottom 6 gets easier minutes and builds chemistry.

Even if Partick becomes better than Couts in the next year or 2, that is a GREAT thing and will really give other teams matchup issues.

Oh and we have that Morgan Frost dude

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011

G Couts TK
OL NP JV

I think it will be cool to watch Lindblom and Patrick grow together. They had some really nice board work and chemistry in the Canes game. They are going to be monsters on the forecheck.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Oh and we have that Morgan Frost dude
I just envision the 2 big studs with the slick Frost in the middle:

Ratcliffe Frost Allison

And don't tell that a 4th line that is a shutdown line of:

Laczynski Vorobyev NAK

....can't be very effective.

Christ....where the hell is our 1st rd pick this year going to play?? lol

Sadly, we may be drafting Giroux or Couts replacement this coming draft.

My apologies to Rubstov, Strome, Bunny, Kase, etc... We are going to be REALLY slow roasting prospects and moving them for more futures. The pipeline is going to be spilling over!

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Weal - Laughton - Anyone but Weise

You've just made someone's day.

Jori+Lehtera+Yqnzvy8uCY2m.jpg

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I just envision the 2 big studs with the slick Frost in the middle:

Ratcliffe Frost Allison

And don't tell that a 4th line that is a shutdown line of:

Laczynski Vorobyev NAK

....can't be very effective.

Christ....where the hell is our 1st rd pick this year going to play?? lol

Sadly, we may be drafting Giroux or Couts replacement this coming draft.

My apologies to Rubstov, Strome, Bunny, Kase, etc... We are going to be REALLY slow roasting prospects and moving them for more futures. The pipeline is going to be spilling over!
Replacement on the top line yes, but Giroux better retire here. Give him a big fast center and let him work the powerplay until he wants to hang them up.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
30 point season. Not bad, and definitely something to build off of. He looks better than any Flyer prospect i can ever remember. He is going to be special
Forward wise, yes. Provorov looked great in his rookie season after the first month or two

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad