Injury Report: Nolan Patrick Diagnosed With Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26); limited practice, quotes (Feb 17-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Depends on how Grant plays the next couple weeks, if Grant is solid, then you have your physical 3C. In which case they may let Patrick play a few games, then have him sit for the playoffs.

If Derek Grant or Scott Laughton or anyone or anything else other than his medical situation enters into the equation of whether or not to play Nolan Patrick, that's grounds for termination for everyone that signed off on it. I mean that with zero hyperbole. It's beyond irresponsible and begging for litigation.

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
How many 21 year olds have gone on disability leave for an entire year of work for migraines, even in contact sports?

Leave it to the Flyers to hit this infinitesimal percentage.

I’m no medical doctor (& I haven’t seen his records even if I were) but the sad thing is the strangeness of the situation makes one wonder if there could be other aspects to it. No, I don’t think that’s the probable truth at all. But I know I’m not the only person who’s had passing thoughts like, “Is this the full story? Is there some mental stuff contributing here?”
As someone who has and had dealt with chronic migraine issues it's not surprising at all. The problem is the name and what people perceive it to be basically just real bad headaches is not very accurate.
It's a totally debilitating and draining thing to have to deal with and I couldn't imagine doing it as a pro athlete in a heavy contact sport. Honestly he probably could have played if had like absolutely had to but it's almost an entire lifestyle change to see results so taking a year is probably the best option tbh

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
If Derek Grant or Scott Laughton or anyone or anything else other than his medical situation enters into the equation of whether or not to play Nolan Patrick, that's grounds for termination for everyone that signed off on it. I mean that with zero hyperbole. It's beyond irresponsible and begging for litigation.

I agree that if he's cleared and good to go, he should play. But I don't quite see how healthy scratching him would be grounds for litigation. It's a roster choice that happens virtually every night in the NHL.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I agree that if he's cleared and good to go, he should play. But I don't quite see how healthy scratching him would be grounds for litigation. It's a roster choice that happens virtually every night in the NHL.

This is not what I was attempting to say, although it may be grounds for an NHLPA grievance if enough feathers are ruffled. Completely different animal, obviously.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It'll be exciting until they leave him in the AHL with Frost and Farabee so he can gain offensive confidence and the NHL team can get max veteran intangibles. :rolly:

Reactions: TheKingPin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad