Injury Report: Nolan Patrick Diagnosed With Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26); limited practice, quotes (Feb 17-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What if Gordon is his trigger? Or those neon orange jerseys?

Thus "it would depend on his triggers". The most likely scenario is that his triggers are related to something less phantoms specific and more hockey in general, in which case you dont want to basically enter a game running a forward down.

And, if those were his triggers, he'd have likely started playing by now as he hasnt seen them. :)

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Thus "it would depend on his triggers". The most likely scenario is that his triggers are related to something less phantoms specific and more hockey in general, in which case you dont want to basically enter a game running a forward down.

And, if those were his triggers, he'd have likely started playing by now as he hasnt seen them. :)

His triggers are obviously no different from AHL to NHL haha. I’m sure he’s in fine enough shape to get into a game. He will have to adjust no matter what.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
His triggers are obviously no different from AHL to NHL haha. I’m sure he’s in fine enough shape to get into a game. He will have to adjust no matter what.

I know, thats why the smiley. Eh, for me theres nothing to lose from a handful of AHL games to see if he can actually handle the contact and pace, which is going to be exponentially more physical than a practice. I mean the upside here is that we get a great 4C that actually helps, but the downside here is that he's not ready and we risk his future a bit (however marginal).

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I know, thats why the smiley. Eh, for me theres nothing to lose from a handful of AHL games to see if he can actually handle the contact and pace, which is going to be exponentially more physical than a practice. I mean the upside here is that we get a great 4C that actually helps, but the downside here is that he's not ready and we risk his future a bit (however marginal).

I'm certain his Game Shape is way off and he'll have to build up his stamina at a reasonable pace... he could do that in LV without risking and Standing Points by putting the Flyers a Player down... Being Waiver Exempt, he'd be able to extend his Stay in LV, I believe, and start out as 4th Liner... and slowly build up to where can play more time on a higher Line... hopefully... or ajust his Medication if need be... again, without risk to Flyers... they would be no worse off than his present Status, nor would he actually. Why rush him back here... unless his PS Eligibility is hindered; I'm not sure about the Rules on this.

Reactions: Starat327

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The reason to send Patrick to the AHL is to see if he can handle physical contact, if not, you don't want to find out in a key game after waiving someone to make room for him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The reason to send Patrick to the AHL is to see if he can handle physical contact, if not, you don't want to find out in a key game after waiving someone to make room for him.
No one is getting waived for Patrick.....Bunny would just get sent down. Or possibly Frost.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Activating Patrick would give them a 23 man roster. They are only at 22.

And they would still have $1,625,000 of LTIR to use from Morin and Lindblom.

Reactions: flyersfan187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->