Injury Report: Nolan Patrick Diagnosed With Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26); limited practice, quotes (Feb 17-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's encouraging that he's even getting on a plane; high altitude can be a real trigger.

The day we learned about this issue I started with a migraine that lasted 28 or so hours. **** this ****.

I've been fortunate to not have any major ones in a little while. Of course, now that ive said it, I'll be in an ambulance tomorrow on my way to the hospital for partial paralysis because of one.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
May be far fetched, however I believe Patrick is partially a hypochondriac. Hear me out, there's a Flyers TV segment with him and TK. Patrick has hiccups, meets up with TK. Patrick's on his phone and says, "If the hiccups persist for 2 years it's a chronic condition." TK rolls his eyes and gives out a breath like here we go again..just an observation around all this speculation.

An observation I wish you never shared.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I will say that with Neuvirth the Flyers were sick of his injuries. I posted a few years ago about how my buddy was getting PT on his hip at Vincera institute where lots of Philly professional athletes go and McCrossin supposedly made some comment about Neuvirth ....along the lines of not again and sighing . This was when Neuvirth was just starting to get the reputation here of brittle boy. My buddy also found out about Okafor's chronic knee problem there before it became more obvious during the season.

I just had a shoulder procedure there this past Tuesday. First thing I saw when I walked into the waiting room was a framed Gostisbehere jersey.

The Doctor was talking to me about how he works on the Flyers, Sixers, and Phillies and how McCrossin has an office upstairs.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I will say that with Neuvirth the Flyers were sick of his injuries. I posted a few years ago about how my buddy was getting PT on his hip at Vincera institute where lots of Philly professional athletes go and McCrossin supposedly made some comment about Neuvirth ....along the lines of not again and sighing . This was when Neuvirth was just starting to get the reputation here of brittle boy. My buddy also found out about Okafor's chronic knee problem there before it became more obvious during the season.

Any chance you saw Brian Elliott's medical records?

Asking for a friend.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just had a shoulder procedure there this past Tuesday. First thing I saw when I walked into the waiting room was a framed Gostisbehere jersey.

The Doctor was talking to me about how he works on the Flyers, Sixers, and Phillies and how McCrossin has an office upstairs.

You're lucky you got the other guy and not McCrossin.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
May be far fetched, however I believe Patrick is partially a hypochondriac. Hear me out, there's a Flyers TV segment with him and TK. Patrick has hiccups, meets up with TK. Patrick's on his phone and says, "If the hiccups persist for 2 years it's a chronic condition." TK rolls his eyes and gives out a breath like here we go again..just an observation around all this speculation.
Interesting. I didn’t know about that TV segment, but there was a part of me that wondered if there’s something mental going on with NP. Most likely, IMO, though, it’s related to taking head shots.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Now were you actually injured, or were you just pretending to be hurt to get attention like Nolan Patrick? :D

:laugh:

I developed Calcific Tendonitis on my rotator cuff from not getting a hockey-related shoulder injury properly treated for over 2 years. They did something called Ultrasound Guided Aspiration to remove the calcium. Still too sore to tell if it worked but hopefully i'll know in a few days.

Don't be like me. :skeptic:

Reactions: JXC

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
:laugh:

I developed Calcific Tendonitis on my rotator cuff from not getting a hockey-related shoulder injury properly treated for over 2 years. They did something called Ultrasound Guided Aspiration to remove the calcium. Still too sore to tell if it worked but hopefully i'll know in a few days.

Don't be like me. :skeptic:

These definitely sound like made up symptoms.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I guess that is the point why he is joining the team after all, to test it out. Doesn't even mean that he is in game shape and close to playing.

The way I look at it is that they could, at any point they want, test it out with a short non-Team flight... no need to include him on the RoadTrip to do that...By having him along on the Trip he can keep up with the Practices and Meetings, while ramping up his Conditioning under Organization supervision...and also continue bonding with his Teammates and Coaches...He could expedite his hopefully eventual return. On the other hand, being on an extended Chartered Team Flight could be a serious problem if he were to have problems mid Flight...My guess is that there is little to no concerns about flying...But who knows got sure?... JMO

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This light schedule early on does benefit Nolan Patrick greatly. Could end up missing less than 10 games if he's back in a couple of weeks.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I've been fortunate to not have any major ones in a little while. Of course, now that ive said it, I'll be in an ambulance tomorrow on my way to the hospital for partial paralysis because of one.
After you have an episode are you fine with no residual effects or is it a gradual recovery.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Im not sure how contact could affect migraine. Maybe it really is concussion related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad