Injury Report: Nolan Patrick Diagnosed With Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26); limited practice, quotes (Feb 17-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Is it true bobby Mac said Patrick skated for 30 min today and is travelling with flyers out west ?

Reactions: Jtown

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Is it true bobby Mac said Patrick skated for 30 min today and is travelling with flyers out west ?

As quick summation from what I remember....

Patrick is "a few week away..." "Good news he is skating but that is no contact..." "Will travel with the team (west) where he will be (monitored)…" "Could see an AHL stint... (prior to rejoining Flyers)."

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Patrick is "a few week away..." "Good news he is skating but that is no contact..." "Will travel with the team (west) where he will be (monitored)…" "Could see an AHL stint... (prior to rejoining Flyers)."
To add...."this is like the start of Patricks training camp"

DJ Mix

Jun 3, 2010
Newark, Delaware

Looks like he covered all his bases! No wonder this guy is "right" all the time.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Looks like he covered all his bases! No wonder this guy is "right" all the time.

I won't speak for him but in general I think the team is being cautious by using generalizations. If they put a time frame, 4-to-6 weeks staring October 1 (hypothetical) and then 6 weeks elapses, panic can set in among the faithful. This way, "maybe" and "week-to-week" doesn't have as much pressure.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
They are talking week-to-week and yet don't want to put him on LTIR.

Seems clear to me that draining the Bank Pool is being avoided at all cost... LTIR is the last resort; they want to build on it... If that is the case, we can hopefully anticipate Stretch Acquisition(s), if in the position to do so, and finally a shot at a PO Run once again.

While using a great amount of their Cap--like the majority if the NHL Teams--they seem to be trying to still manage it in a prudent manner.

MichaelRaffl

Aug 13, 2009
Vilnius
May be far fetched, however I believe Patrick is partially a hypochondriac. Hear me out, there's a Flyers TV segment with him and TK. Patrick has hiccups, meets up with TK. Patrick's on his phone and says, "If the hiccups persist for 2 years it's a chronic condition." TK rolls his eyes and gives out a breath like here we go again..just an observation around all this speculation.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
May be far fetched, however I believe Patrick is partially a hypochondriac. Hear me out, there's a Flyers TV segment with him and TK. Patrick has hiccups, meets up with TK. Patrick's on his phone and says, "If the hiccups persist for 2 years it's a chronic condition." TK rolls his eyes and gives out a breath like here we go again..just an observation around all this speculation.

Are we already at this stage?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Makes sense to me.

Mr.Bean-Thumbs-Up.gif

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

TBF; If any conditions persist for 2 years, I'd think they would be chronic conditions.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

This is kind of absurd, but as a hypochondriac myself shit can be kinda bizarre. You end up with psychosomatic symptoms: There is a problem, but you fixate on it so heavily that it literally hurts more than it actually should, and basically will stay that way until you’ve moved on or been adequately assured that you’re OK. It’s kinda trippy, like I once had a mild groin strain misdiagnosed as a hernia and ended up feeling intense pain and walking with a severe limp until I got a second opinion, which confirmed it was not...and then skipped out of there feeling totally fine. Brains are funny.

Anyway. I don’t think Nolan Patrick is a hypochondriac. I think he’s a very good hockey player with an unfortunate migraine problem.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lmao.....

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I will say that with Neuvirth the Flyers were sick of his injuries. I posted a few years ago about how my buddy was getting PT on his hip at Vincera institute where lots of Philly professional athletes go and McCrossin supposedly made some comment about Neuvirth ....along the lines of not again and sighing . This was when Neuvirth was just starting to get the reputation here of brittle boy. My buddy also found out about Okafor's chronic knee problem there before it became more obvious during the season.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I just hope it’s not a concussion thing that they are downplaying Or misdiagnosing.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

It's encouraging that he's even getting on a plane; high altitude can be a real trigger.

I cant even imagine pretending to have a migraine. I feel like even pretending to have one would be painful.

The day we learned about this issue I started with a migraine that lasted 28 or so hours. f*** this shit.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
It's encouraging that he's even getting on a plane; high altitude can be a real trigger.

The day we learned about this issue I started with a migraine that lasted 28 or so hours. **** this ****.

I guess that is the point why he is joining the team after all, to test it out. Doesn't even mean that he is in game shape and close to playing.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I guess that is the point why he is joining the team after all, to test it out. Doesn't even mean that he is in game shape and close to playing.

He is at the very least our best 3C option when healthy. I predict that he's going to force Hayes to wing by the end of this year.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The general feeling I got from that piece was positive. He skated 30 mins the day before. He’s going to be traveling to the west which I think is pretty big for anyone with that condition - must not be active right now. He’s going to be “ramping it up” as “ this is his training camp”. Could still be weeks away with a stint in the AHL for conditioning. Sounds like hes getting better and they want him to do a full training camp worth of conditioning - including games - to keep up the pace in AVs system. I think we will see him in a few weeks. That’s pretty great news relatively speaking.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The general feeling I got from that piece was positive. He skated 30 mins the day before. He’s going to be traveling to the west which I think is pretty big for anyone with that condition - must not be active right now. He’s going to be “ramping it up” as “ this is his training camp”. Could still be weeks away with a stint in the AHL for conditioning. Sounds like hes getting better and they want him to do a full training camp worth of conditioning - including games - to keep up the pace in AVs system. I think we will see him in a few weeks. That’s pretty great news relatively speaking.
Until he has a setback and they shut him down for 2019-2020, which is the most likely scenario in my Philadelphia eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad