Nolan Patrick: An Up-And-Down Year For The Philadelphia Flyers Centre

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I think JVR will be on the 2nd line. Patrick is going to get a lot of apples with JVR down low.
Lindblom is ok on the 3rd line. It takes some pressure off him being in a top 6 scoring line and he can just work on his offense with some better matchups

I think it might depend on what they do at 3C. If Frosty is there, it would be nice for him to have JVR on his line, to take some pressure off and pot some goals, build Frosty's NHL confidence through points accumulation. If it's Laughton or ... Weal or something, JVR could play on line 2 with NP and The Shootist.

Reactions: pit

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Hopefully 28, 14, 93, 9, and 53 dont regress enough for that to be a reality.

Well hopefully nothing more than the expected regression for some. What's your take then on Patrick's upside and timeline to reach that in comparison to the group of core players you mention and their career timelines? Where do you feel like he measures up to them? It's an interesting topic I guess.

This team is going to get ridiculous in a hurry.

Reactions: Rebels57

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I have seen Nolan play a lot over several years growing up , i had a cousins boy play on the same team . His biggest attribute is his brain his biggest detriment has been his injuries he missed major times growing up with several injuries 2 broken collar bones groin problems abdominal problems . Hockey wise he is a better playmaker than goal scorer, kids always liked to play on the same line as him cause he moved the puck well it was not just the Nolan Patrick show even thou he was the dominate player . If he can stay healthy this year i would hope for 20 goals and 30 assists and be quite happy with that

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well hopefully nothing more than the expected regression for some. What's your take then on Patrick's upside and timeline to reach that in comparison to the group of core players you mention and their career timelines? Where do you feel like he measures up to them? It's an interesting topic I guess.

This team is going to get ridiculous in a hurry.

Ill be thrilled if he becomes a 30-30 two-way Center. Hopefully by Year 3. I do think he will eventually be our 1C but thats after Coots prime winds down.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad