Nogomyach v2.0 (football/soccer)

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
WC expectations are pretty low...Once Morocco got tired, the team actually looked pretty good, but there's a reason Morocco didn't make the WC, also missing their top two players as well.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Why do you even bother?

There's volley, there's hockey, there's basket Euroleague to cheers for - all sports at which we are doing fine, but instead the whole country is in the fits of this football masochism....

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Why do you even bother?

There's volley, there's hockey, there's basket Euroleague to cheers for - all sports at which we are doing fine, but instead the whole country is in the fits of this football masochism....

There are two types of soccer fans: the actual soccer fans, who are by far the largest group of sports fans in Russia, and the fans of flag-waving. The latter are always drawn into the major international tournaments, that ofc includes FIFA/UEFA championships. Hockey and basketball simply aren't major. And volleyball is for girls.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I nearly passed out, when Algeria scored a tying goal, this was so disappointing, while so expected and the game was calling for it as well.

And I am not a flag-waving fan, i go and support the team in actual games

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
It was absolutely horrible. Honestly they looked really nervous.

I hope a new generation of players will be better.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
that was epic. i mean in the second half of the game new players to show up on the field were szhenikov, ozdoev and poloz? one can wonder if capello was sabotaging the team intentionally. damn, zhirkov and chipsoed would have been better than that perdiv. soccer in russia is as dead as this thread:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad