Nogomyach v2.0 (football/soccer)

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
You have to wonder, with all the losses in Football, and wins in Hockey if more youths are turning towards Hockey as #1 sport in Russia. It would be logical...

In hockey, kids have the prospect of being world and Olympic champions down the road, and the prestige of being recognized as one of the best players in the World. In Football, it seems as though there is no chance for Russian teams to accomplish any important goals, or develop any really great players. It is always the same old story in the World Cup and European Championships (the Russians played well in 2008, but it was a different Arshavin then than this year). For me, it seems like a no-brainer for the best athletes to gravitate toward hockey, especially with the prospects of really good salaries in the KHL in addition to the NHL. I hated seeing the faces of the Russian fans in the stadium today - they have been through it so many times before.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
You have to wonder, with all the losses in Football, and wins in Hockey if more youths are turning towards Hockey as #1 sport in Russia. It would be logical...
but Russia has always been better in hockey, not just recently. The fact is Russia is big enough to have world class teams in both sports. Plus with Russia getting the World Cup there will be even more investment because no one wants to be embarrassed with a poor showing.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
but Russia has always been better in hockey, not just recently. The fact is Russia is big enough to have world class teams in both sports. Plus with Russia getting the World Cup there will be even more investment because no one wants to be embarrassed with a poor showing.

There is certainly room for both sports to grow in Russia. Because nearly all countries in the World produce good football players, and most countries can field a team that is capable of winning a match if the ball isn't bouncing right for the other, it is fair to say that football is far more competitive and difficult to excel at on a worldwide level. Russia could potentially be the Number 1 hockey nation, so I would hate to see investment and emphasis shifted away from hockey to a far less likely payoff in football.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I really hope the new generation of players develop well and quickly.

I've had it with these underachieving prima-donnas.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I really hope the new generation of players develop well and quickly.

I've had it with these underachieving prima-donnas.

well I remember the time when Kerzhakov and Sychev were the new generation and were were saying - by the time their generation grows up - we gonna be a force. Hell, I remember when Yuran, Karpin, Mosotovoi, Doborovolkiy were the new generation - we were saying the same thing....It is what it is, I blame the coach more than the players.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
well I remember the time when Kerzhakov and Sychev were the new generation and were were saying - by the time their generation grows up - we gonna be a force. Hell, I remember when Yuran, Karpin, Mosotovoi, Doborovolkiy were the new generation - we were saying the same thing....It is what it is, I blame the coach more than the players.

We've said that before also.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
We've said that before also.

but it is: he never tested other players, never tested other models, had only once-a-day practices, his subs were mostly destructive and not-constructive...I don't take the blame of the players, but Advokat is the numbah 1 guilty party, imho

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Arshavin: ""The fact that we have not met your expectations is not our problem," Arshavin was cited as saying by Russian site Gazeta.ru.

"It's your problem. When I'm sitting in [Federal House] State Duma, I'll be held accountable before you."

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Arshavin: ""The fact that we have not met your expectations is not our problem," Arshavin was cited as saying by Russian site Gazeta.ru.

"It's your problem. When I'm sitting in [Federal House] State Duma, I'll be held accountable before you."

he said it to a guy who's from the Duma. Regardless him, shirokov, and pav should not come anywhere close NT again.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
he said it to a guy who's from the Duma. Regardless him, shirokov, and pav should not come anywhere close NT again.

Yes, there are calls for Arshavin to be stripped of captaincy. His attitude can be very poor at times.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
but it is: he never tested other players, never tested other models, had only once-a-day practices, his subs were mostly destructive and not-constructive...I don't take the blame of the players, but Advokat is the numbah 1 guilty party, imho

I thought he did a miserable job as well. Analysts who know more than I said that Russia was the most talented and deep team in their Group. If that is close to true, and then that team gets completely shut down by two of the weakest teams in the entire tournament, according to those same analysts, then the coach is usually a big part of the problem. Greece's lone goal was the fault of a player who made a freak blunder, but Russia's inability to respond in the second half with at least one goal has to placed on the shoulder of the coach. The coach has to give his team strategy and tactics that they believe will allow them to win, and Russia clearly had no thought at all as to how to break through Greece's strategy of bunching all their players in the middle. Other than the close call on Dzagoev's header, Russia didn't seem close to challenging the Greek defense.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Yes, there are calls for Arshavin to be stripped of captaincy. His attitude can be very poor at times.

Even though he is arguably the most talented player, his presence seemed to be a net minus rather than a plus in many instances. Too much individual dribbling in the penalty box where there is no hope of breaking through, while the rest of his mates are just standing still watching him put on a show.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
The last 4 yrs have been very disappointing for Russian football. Missing WC 2010, getting knocked out of weakest group at Euro 2012, all of our players abroad basically failing (not all their fault, but still a shame)...there definitely need to be some new faces and some goodbyes to certain players of the current era of the RNT. Getting a new coach who understands Russian football and it's style is crucial as Advocaat certainly did not. I would also make Kerzhakov the captain. Yes, his form was off at Euro but he works his ass off and will certainly bounce back with goals.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
The last 4 yrs have been very disappointing for Russian football. Missing WC 2010, getting knocked out of weakest group at Euro 2012, all of our players abroad basically failing (not all their fault, but still a shame)...there definitely need to be some new faces and some goodbyes to certain players of the current era of the RNT. Getting a new coach who understands Russian football and it's style is crucial as Advocaat certainly did not. I would also make Kerzhakov the captain. Yes, his form was off at Euro but he works his ass off and will certainly bounce back with goals.

Kerzhakov is not good enough to start and you wanna make him a captain? the majority of his goals come against weaker competition, any type of cohesive D shuts him right down.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Kerzhakov is not good enough to start and you wanna make him a captain? the majority of his goals come against weaker competition, any type of cohesive D shuts him right down.

Kerzhakov is Russia's starting center forward...who is going to replace him? I agree he's not great, but no one else is either.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Kerzhakov is Russia's starting center forward...who is going to replace him? I agree he's not great, but no one else is either.

I personally like Porgrebnyak better - he can win high ball and no one expects him to be a wizard with a ball. I wanna see how Dzyuba progresses this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->