Post-Game Talk: Noel Watch Begins! Jets nap to a 2-1 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilty00

May 15, 2007
Kelowna/Winnipeg
Gotta feel bad for Pavs at this point too. He's done everything he can do to keep us hanging around and he's still going to get **** on for it.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I mentioned in the other thread. I'm blaming our 'system'. We have really fast players who are playing like grinders. They all look like they are afraid to do anything offensive.

NorthSouth+Logo.jpg

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I really don't get this team... Everyone had some bits of good play but why can't we have a full game effort? I know Noel has said in the past that he shouldn't have to motivate the guys but maybe we need someone who can? I really don't get this team. If they play as hard and take the body like they did in the last 8 minutes or so we would be able to win these games. Very frustrating to watch.

Big home stand coming here. We need to get it going fast.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
It's kind of funny for how the last two games all anyone has done in these PGT's is complain how almost everything went wrong yet they had a chance to win both games.

Also maybe Slater and Little are just slumping, they're usually better at faceoffs than this.

dpenner

Jun 27, 2011
Wheeler might be one of the most mentally weak players i have ever seen, just reeks of no confidence and it affects his entire game, its painful to watch for a player who should put up 60+ pts this year

Whats up with Bogo? Job security hampering ability/hunger?

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Can we start the pre-game Dallas thread now? I don't want to talk about this game any more.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
well, I don't know what to think at this point. 5 or so more games like that and I think Noel will be gone. It honestly looks like the team doesn't know what its supposed to be doing on D. They constantly move back - and I'm talking about when they have control of the friggin puck!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wheeler might be one of the most mentally weak players i have ever seen, just reeks of no confidence and it affects his entire game, its painful to watch for a player who should put up 60+ pts this year

Whats up with Bogo? Job security hampering ability/hunger?

Wheelers game is all about skating, when he stops moving his legs he's just not very good

han316

Feb 6, 2013
Faceoff stats
Little was 1 for 20
Jokinen 2 for 13
Slater 5 for 14
Scheifele 6 for 10

yikes!

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Gotta feel bad for Pavs at this point too. He's done everything he can do to keep us hanging around and he's still going to get **** on for it.

I'm one of his biggest detractors, and though I don't think he's stood on his head or anything, he's played well enough to give the team a chance to win the last 2 games

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
guys
guys
look guys i got the puck
guys look
look guys i got the puck
guys i got the puck
am i gonna shoot am i gonna shoot
NOPE!
look guys i got the puck
oh wait what happened

This has been "Inside the mind of your Winnipeg Jets", brought to you by Claude Noel.

Seriously though, terrible effort tonight. I don't know what it is that we put up these complete stinkers every once in a while, but it's making me more worried about Noel and the team in general. I want the Jets that played the first two games back, and I want them defensively capable.

I just really hope we play a hell of a lot better tomorrow. Something needs to change 'cause this could get ugly. Minny should've scored at least another goal or two.

also,
Hammer Slammer said:
Are you my reddit GDT buddy?

:sarcasm:

:nod:

mkoivu9*

I was excited about having Minnesota in our division for the sake of being geographical rivals, but as a former Canucks fan tonight reminded me just how big of a stinker these Minny games usually turn out to be. Just god awful... sadly mostly at the fault of our own team this time, not the way they play.
Yeah definitely not the Wild system anymore. They are fun to watch now as you saw tonight.

You guys will improve don't worry you have some good young guys. It may take a few years but the Wild had to do it too and was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad