Former Bruins Noel Acciari (He’s a Panther 3 years, $1.7M/yr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If they don’t disallow that first goal, and if Marchand can hit the empty net, Acciari would have had himself a 3 point night- more than doubling his production for the year. . .

If? You're hanging your argument on ifs? That's really, really, really awful. Fact is NA is an easily replaced guy. You have him, fine. You don't have him, fine.

Reactions: shoulders7

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If? You're hanging your argument on ifs? That's really, really, really awful. Fact is NA is an easily replaced guy. You have him, fine. You don't have him, fine.
That was one game two months ago and it was true . Glad you think he’s fine though, I agree.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That was one game two months ago and it was true . Glad you think he’s fine though, I agree.

I don't have an issue with him or the rest of the 4th line in general. I do have an issue with how much TOI Cassidy gives them and with the situations he's putting them out in. It's like he's been channeling his inner Claude Julien this season and it's frustrating.

Reactions: CDJ and Grimey

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I don't have an issue with him or the rest of the 4th line in general. I do have an issue with how much TOI Cassidy gives them and with the situations he's putting them out in. It's like he's been channeling his inner Claude Julien this season and it's frustrating.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with this, but I think Cassidy likes to use them in some situations where they can go out against the other team's top lines and at least be effective in keeping them off the score board thereby letting Bergy's line play more offensively and not have to worry as much defensively.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Really don’t have an issue with him on the forth line ,he plays physical works hard,now unfortunately I wouldn’t really call them the forth line they are really the third,which is a problem,having two lines not producing nothing offensively really doesn’t work

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
That line gets force fed defensive zone face offs and are killing it. Seems like the perfect situations to put them out in.

Reactions: Tbrady12

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If I`m going to hammer the guy for what he doesn`t do, I have to come on and applaud him when he`s played a good game which he did last night

My two biggest issues with him are 1- Butch`s usage of Acciari which is out of NA`s hands and 2- For as much as I understand he`ll never be a point producer, I find far too many plays or potential plays/chances have ended on his stick. I`m one that truly believes if an upgrade was made on that 4th for a guy who brings similar energy as Noel but is more skilled with puck possession, passing that 4th line would contribute more.

So my dislike for Acciari is not a personal one the guy has busted his arse for this organization, I just feel that line can bring more and too often those chances to cash in too often disappear on Noel`s stick but great game last night from him

I find myself asking this question a lot in these threads: Like who?

I pick on you to actually respond to because I have confidence you could actually have someone in mind.

Reactions: Tbrady12

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm not saying I agree or disagree with this, but I think Cassidy likes to use them in some situations where they can go out against the other team's top lines and at least be effective in keeping them off the score board thereby letting Bergy's line play more offensively and not have to worry as much defensively.

I get what he's doing, I just don't feel all that comfortable seeing a lesser defensive line than PB's taking on the opposing top line in crunch time situations. It gives me fits, despite them doing a decent job up to now. I have a feeling of dread that relying on them to do this will come back to bite them in the ass at the worst possible time. :laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That line gets force fed defensive zone face offs and are killing it. Seems like the perfect situations to put them out in.

I just think water finds it's natural level eventually. I also think that while they've been decent, that run has also included quite a bit of puck luck, and those bounces generally even out over time.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
He's not NHL caliber talent that, for some reason, is a coach favorite despite virtually no offense and a -9.

Claude over used stiffs like Max Talbot, but a guy like Acciari playing 14-15 minutes a night is an absolute joke.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I just think water finds it's natural level eventually. I also think that while they've been decent, that run has also included quite a bit of puck luck, and those bounces generally even out over time.

Decent??????? Washington won the cup last year with the best line in Hockey- Shut them down. Colorado had the best line in hockey this year-Shut them down. Getzlaf didn't register a shot on net and was -2. Shut them down.

Yep Decent. Go back to talking water. You're talking about a 4th LINE with tough matchups every single night and 2 out of 3 of them are actually PLUS players. Never mind as mentioned before 2 of the top 10 hitters in the league. Pound for pound, more than likely the 2 best in the league.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Decent??????? Washington won the cup last year with the best line in Hockey- Shut them down. Colorado had the best line in hockey this year-Shut them down. Getzlaf didn't register a shot on net and was -2. Shut them down.

Yep Decent. Go back to talking water. You're talking about a 4th LINE with tough matchups every single night and 2 out of 3 of them are actually PLUS players. Never mind as mentioned before 2 of the top 10 hitters in the league. Pound for pound, more than likely the 2 best in the league.

Shut them down for what? A single game for the first time in how many f***ing years? If you think they'll do that for an entire series, I'll have some of what you're smoking. 2 out of 3 are plus players?? Jesus dude. That's what you're going to hang it on? 2 of them are plus players? As for them shutting down Colorado, given they're not even in the playoffs and are a -3 in terms of goal differential, I'd say it's pretty obvious that they are literally a one line team and going nowhere fast. :laugh:

Also, Acciari is not in the top ten in hits no matter how you track it. Wagner is, but NA is 14th if you count total number, and 19th if you go by hits per game. If you're going to try and argue, at least get your facts straight.

Also, stop qualifying crap to make it sound better than what it really is. Pound for pound? Delusional fanboys are hilarious...:laugh:

Reactions: shoulders7

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Also, Acciari is not in the top ten in hits no matter how you track it. Wagner is, but NA is 14th if you count total number, and 19th if you go by hits per game. If you're going to try and argue, at least get your facts straight.

Also, stop qualifying crap to make it sound better than what it really is. Pound for pound? Delusional fanboys are hilarious...:laugh:
9th in the league among forwards.
2nd among centers.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
9th in the league among forwards.
2nd among centers.

Yes, I get it. More qualifying after the fact.

Like I said earlier, NA is a jag whose role can be filled by countless other players, including guys that can either produce more or be more physically intimidating. He's on the team now, and making short dough. If he wants too much after this year, let him walk. If he's open to sticking around for slightly more money, fine. Either way, he's not a difference maker.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yes, I get it. More qualifying after the fact.

Like I said earlier, NA is a jag whose role can be filled by countless other players, including guys that can either produce more or be more physically intimidating. He's on the team now, and making short dough. If he wants too much after this year, let him walk. If he's open to sticking around for slightly more money, fine. Either way, he's not a difference maker.
Totally agree that it’d be fine to have him stick around even if it costs the team little more.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Nah - wouldn’t be for keeping that around, let alone paying more for it.

Why is that? Role players with limited skills do get and deserve raises in this league for doing what's asked and expected from them, even if that doesn't impact the overall team every night. They get it for basically not being a net negative, which a lot of 4th line players in this league are.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Is he replaceable? Yes.

Is he contributing to the team's success and performing his role? Yes.

There's more to winning the games than production stats. Acciari plays hard, smart, and is part of what is making the 4th ( technically 3rd ) line a pain in the rear for the opposing team. The chemistry he's developed with Kuraly and Wagner is off the charts.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Is he replaceable? Yes.

Is he contributing to the team's success and performing his role? Yes.

There's more to winning the games than production stats. Acciari plays hard, smart, and is part of what is making the 4th ( technically 3rd ) line a pain in the rear for the opposing team. The chemistry he's developed with Kuraly and Wagner is off the charts.

Best since Campbell, Thornton, Paille line

Last season 4th was pretty good... but this seasons is even more physical

Opponent players guaranteed to get bruised

Reactions: Alicat and minpind

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Really don’t have an issue with him on the forth line ,he plays physical works hard,now unfortunately I wouldn’t really call them the forth line they are really the third,which is a problem,having two lines not producing nothing offensively really doesn’t work

That's right. And it is ENTIRELY on management to remedy a confusing, patch work 2nd/3rd line mess in February they hoped would sort itself out in September. Very tired of this crap.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This is a terrible take. If you watched Behind the B the last year few years you might remember conversations opposing players had with Bruins about how hard Acciarri hits. He is generally considered one of the hardest hitters in the league. He has holes in his game, but to say you would be able to take a hit from him is asinine.

I didn't and don't watch Behind the B. Got better things to do. So I have no idea what conversations opposing players had about Acciari.

And I didn't say "I" was taking the hit, I said a big D-man.

And a big D-man whose 6'2+ 210 lbs + that's exactly what they are going to do. That's how you brace for hits. A little bit of hockey 101 for you.

Acciari from a technical stand-point is a very good hitter, hits clean and through the body. For his size, he might even be the best hitter in the league. But he's 5'10 and just over 200 lbs., that's just the reality. And bigger, stronger D-men are physically capable of handing Acciari's hits without much problem.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I didn't and don't watch Behind the B. Got better things to do. So I have no idea what conversations opposing players had about Acciari.

And I didn't say "I" was taking the hit, I said a big D-man.

And a big D-man whose 6'2+ 210 lbs + that's exactly what they are going to do. That's how you brace for hits. A little bit of hockey 101 for you.

Acciari from a technical stand-point is a very good hitter, hits clean and through the body. For his size, he might even be the best hitter in the league. But he's 5'10 and just over 200 lbs., that's just the reality. And bigger, stronger D-men are physically capable of handing Acciari's hits without much problem.

I've seen Acciari plant bigger dmen on their ass or paste them along the walls with solid hits on a frequent basis. He rarely if ever gets the worse of a hit when he engages first.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The problem is that they are in fact the forth line and are getting third line minutes. The only guy on that line that has some skill is Wagner. It’s working for now.

Reactions: LSCII

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I've seen Acciari plant bigger dmen on their ass or paste them along the walls with solid hits on a frequent basis. He rarely if ever gets the worse of a hit when he engages first.

Yeah, and were they ready or brace themselves for the impact?

Especially along the wall, if you brace your shoulder right against the glass/boards Acciari is going to bounce off you, the vast majority of players would unless the checker is significantly bigger than you.

This is simple hockey 101 basic stuff. I already said he's a very good hitter against a lot of players. But Big D-men have an size/strength advantage and can negate the effectiveness of his hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad