Former Bruins Noel Acciari (He’s a Panther 3 years, $1.7M/yr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What's absurd is seeing value in this player and ignoring how little he brings to the table here in the 2019 version of NHL hockey.

Why can't you just admit that even 4th line players need to produce some level of offense. Nordstrom has done it, so has Kuraly, and Wagner.

He has 1 primary assist in almost a calendar year. If you can't see how absolutely ^&#^#&$&& brutal that is for an NHL forward given the opportunities Acciari has I don't know what else to say.
Now you’re scraping the barrel to weed out secondary assist over the last calendar year just to rip a bottom of the roster guy who’s at the top of the league in hits. Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Now you’re scraping the barrel to weed out secondary assist over the last calendar year just to rip a bottom of the roster guy who’s at the top of the league in hits. Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

Even though he's not at the top of the league in hits (sits 22nd right now) But hey nothing like making stuff up to prove your point.

And how effective are his hits anyways? Because they rarely result in him actually separating the player he is hitting from the puck.

If I'm a big D-man seeing Noel Acciari barreling at me, I'm dropping my shoulder, bracing for the impact, and then having a good laugh at Acciari's attempt to be physical. Even though, yes, a hit will be registered on the score-sheet.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Even though he's not at the top of the league in hits (sits 22nd right now) But hey nothing like making stuff up to prove your point.

And how effective are his hits anyways? Because they rarely result in him actually separating the player he is hitting from the puck.

If I'm a big D-man seeing Noel Acciari barreling at me, I'm dropping my shoulder, bracing for the impact, and then having a good laugh at Acciari's attempt to be physical. Even though, yes, a hit will be registered on the score-sheet.
You’ve already had that conversation - just reread this thread.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
He is probably getting more heat than a 4th liner deserves, except for the fact that he sometimes appears on the 3rd line and is also occupying a forward slot when the Bruins have young players they need to develop and see play in the NHL. Noel has the worst hands in the league, I think. How many times does he get the puck in and around the net because of his own hard work and the work of Wagner and Kuraly and just shoot into the goalie? Seems like at least once a game. Noel should have 6-8 goals by now and as many assists based on how that line has done overall.

I think about players like Anton Blidh who is having a good year in Providence, that plays the body and actually has some offensive skills who is in a contract year. Same with Gemel Smith who didn't get much of a shot with the team before getting on the Providence bus. Cehlarik is another one that needs another look with the big club. Noel is blocking young players and I don't think what he brings to the team is worth it. Cassidy clearly feels otherwise and so does Sweeney apparently.
I read alot about Providence players... but most of them did not impress me in Boston for the exception of Bjork.
I hear and read all what Acciari ain’t bringing... but few point on what he is bringing.
Not saying Boston can not bring an upgrade... but that will come from elsewhere, cause i did not see, and did not read who can give Boston the physical presence Acciari is bringing in Providence. For sure, i am not alone beleiving and seeing this... the guy still in Boston and still playing some minutes in Boston....

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Noel did make a couple of nice passes tonight, but again had chances to score and just can't do it. He does bring a nice physical game down low. I just don't think what he does well is all that rare that there isn't someone else that could what he does and actually contribute some offense :dunno:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Noel did make a couple of nice passes tonight, but again had chances to score and just can't do it. He does bring a nice physical game down low. I just don't think what he does well is all that rare that there isn't someone else that could what he does and actually contribute some offense :dunno:
If they don’t disallow that first goal, and if Marchand can hit the empty net, Acciari would have had himself a 3 point night- more than doubling his production for the year. . .

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Acciari has actually been contributing these last games, meshing well with Kuraly and Wagner to form a very good unit. I’ve ragged on him plenty this season so I feel I have to give credit when due.

That being said, I still very much feel that’s a roster spot that should be easily improved. Scratching Cave was a good step in the right direction skill-wise, Acciari should still be next man up (to the press box) but if he keeps this up and that unit keeps being a handful, Heinen will be be the odd man out. Hopefully it’ll be someone else than Cave stepping in, he’s not an NHL player.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Acciari has been an unappeciated hero on this team by fans but i bet his teammates and coaches appreciate his work on the ice. He might not produce at the pace you want out of a 4th liner playing his minutes but he has always done the little things that contribute to winning games.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think there are better options out there such as virtually every other player in the league. I can't imagine that there's a worse player anywhere. That he plays significant minutes is mind-boggling.

Reactions: shoulders7

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think there are better options out there such as virtually every other player in the league. I can't imagine that there's a worse player anywhere. That he plays significant minutes is mind-boggling.

Give him a break cmon

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Thank God we have him, Wagner and Miller. Good, old time, hard nosed, tough hockey players from the NCAA.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He has 1 goal and 3 assists and is -9 and somehow has played 48 games. I'd say he's already been given a break. :laugh:

He is also one of the best in hits and takeaways on the team

Tiring out the opponents/softening them up for the other lines

Reactions: Sheppy

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
He is also one of the best in hits and takeaways on the team

Tiring out the opponents/softening them up for the other lines
Not to mention he actually blocks shots! Not like our D who like to pretend and then at the last second bail so our tender can't see the shot until it's past them. Then some of us rag on the goalie for not stopping the shot.
Noel is the least of this teams problems! How about guys falling down with no one near them, no player able to clear the zone, D thinking they are Bobby Orr going deep in the O zone only to give up the puck then fall down or in Chara's case to slow to get back before the intermission!
We have way bigger problems than NA and the fact that posters are crapping on him instead of where it really belongs is mind boggling to me.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not to mention he actually blocks shots! Not like our D who like to pretend and then at the last second bail so our tender can't see the shot until it's past them. Then some of us rag on the goalie for not stopping the shot.
Noel is the least of this teams problems! How about guys falling down with no one near them, no player able to clear the zone, D thinking they are Bobby Orr going deep in the O zone only to give up the puck then fall down or in Chara's case to slow to get back before the intermission!
We have way bigger problems than NA and the fact that posters are crapping on him instead of where it really belongs is mind boggling to me.

Nordstrom has 15 more blocks than Acciari.

But, he's good on faceoffs. He's a great body-checker, gives full effort every night. His line has become the 2nd most dependable on the team.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013

This is a terrible take. If you watched Behind the B the last year few years you might remember conversations opposing players had with Bruins about how hard Acciarri hits. He is generally considered one of the hardest hitters in the league. He has holes in his game, but to say you would be able to take a hit from him is asinine.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If I`m going to hammer the guy for what he doesn`t do, I have to come on and applaud him when he`s played a good game which he did last night

My two biggest issues with him are 1- Butch`s usage of Acciari which is out of NA`s hands and 2- For as much as I understand he`ll never be a point producer, I find far too many plays or potential plays/chances have ended on his stick. I`m one that truly believes if an upgrade was made on that 4th for a guy who brings similar energy as Noel but is more skilled with puck possession, passing that 4th line would contribute more.

So my dislike for Acciari is not a personal one the guy has busted his arse for this organization, I just feel that line can bring more and too often those chances to cash in too often disappear on Noel`s stick but great game last night from him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->