Former Bruins Noel Acciari (He’s a Panther 3 years, $1.7M/yr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
The fourth line doesn't need to score to be effective. They are great at softening up the other team's D-men, clogging up the middle. They get other team looking over their shoulders more, tire them out battling along boards in the B's' O-zone and in front of the net, absorbing hits. They make more room for the other lines to operate. They are also pretty good at transitioning out of the D-zone. They are playing at least as well as the old Merlot line. And all three of them are good on the PK. Acciari isn't as fast as the others, but he seems to get to the right places well enough and makes smart plays with the puck.
Exactly, pinning the opponent in their own end and then swapping out for Bergys line for the kill was the strength of that Merlot line. I'm starting to see that consistently with this bunch. It's giggle worthy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don't get the need for the full shield. It's not like it's a broken nose or jaw. I can't imagine Terry O'Reilly wearing that after an injury like that, or Cashman, Byers, Markwart, DiMaio.........
He has a ton of stitches so its not only protection from sticks/pucks but also helps keep things as clean as possible.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
No one likes to play against Noel. With him and Wagner the other team plays with their heads up. He scored 10 last year and he looks like that guy lately. Wait until the playoffs he was build for playoff hockey.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I don't get the need for the full shield. It's not like it's a broken nose or jaw. I can't imagine Terry O'Reilly wearing that after an injury like that, or Cashman, Byers, Markwart, DiMaio.........

Yeah, I hate medical advances and precautions too. I always refuse modern anesthesia because I can’t imagine Lincoln using it.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Came to post this. I've crapped on this guy all year but clearly he is starting to have some value to the Bruins - that 4th line is starting to bring back memories of the merlot line.

Personally speaking, I got on Acciari because he was an easy target as a player who doesn't provide any secondary scoring, when they desperately needed it.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Gotta say he came back from the dead in the beginning of the year to now with his performance, impressive.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

@Don Cherry So you're more qualified than the Bruins medical staff and the advice they get from Mass General Hospital?

Quit being Cliff Clavin

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
^ I went to school with one of his HS teammates. Says he’s just awesome. Makes sense though, seems like he’s loved everywhere he goes

Reactions: Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
^ I went to school with one of his HS teammates. Says he’s just awesome. Makes sense though, seems like he’s loved everywhere he goes
Seems like he's generally a good dude from everything I've ever seen about him.

Laughed at his quote the other day after his teeth got rearranged: "good thing I got married this summer" :laugh:

BruinsNetwork

Grew up 10 minutes away from Noel (I’m 25, so we’ve always been close in age/friend groups) and have had the pleasure of meeting him a few times when growing up. Good person who’s thankful for everything he has. Always has been.

Glad to see him finally playing up to his potential over this recent run. He was dreadful to start the year, and I don’t just mean in terms of production. I didn’t see that high-energy motor or ability to grind anyone down, which he’s always brought.

Now? He’s back to the Noel Acciari of last year and that’s great news for the Bruins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`ve been hard on Acciari, no, check that, I think I`ve been hard on Butch`s usage of Noel and how much TOI he gives him but I`ve never had any issues with effort or not appreciating what he brings. My only wish is that he had just a bit more touch with the puck, understanding as a 4th liner to expect big numbers isn`t reasonable I`d still like to see more plays not ending on his stick as they do but man, when that line is humming, they are fun to watch and a clear disruption to any opponent

I still would like to see the B`s try and fill that spot with someone else with a touch more skill next season but I get the sense they`ll try to keep him

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Where did I ever say hitting isn't part of the game?

Now you still think Acciari is replacable with Backes, Nordstrom or any other 4th liner..

Noel has been an important part of this run

He has earned a nice pay raise from 650k

I hope Bruins extend him to a 3 year deal similar to what Wags and Kuray got. Like to see that line together

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think the Bruins have always been really high on him as a player but he was banged up for so much of his career. I don't see why they wouldn't keep him for another couple years, he's not going to break the bank.

Reactions: rocketdan9

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Now you still think Acciari is replacable with Backes, Nordstrom or any other 4th liner..

Noel has been an important part of this run

He has earned a nice pay raise from 650k

I hope Bruins extend him to a 3 year deal similar to what Wags and Kuray got. Like to see that line together

Yes he is.

He is playing very well lately.

He has earned a raise from his current AAV.

The Bruins had better not focus on keeping a particular and specific 4th line together long term. That's the kind of stuff Chiarelli would do.

Bruins can't keep everyone. They don't have many UFA forwards this summer. You still need a room for a young player or two, especially considering this year they really didn't establish any new young forwards to the roster.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Yes he is.

He is playing very well lately.

He has earned a raise from his current AAV.

The Bruins had better not focus on keeping a particular and specific 4th line together long term. That's the kind of stuff Chiarelli would do.

Bruins can't keep everyone. They don't have many UFA forwards this summer. You still need a room for a young player or two, especially considering this year they really didn't establish any new young forwards to the roster.

So basically let Acciari walk??

I say no

Next season you will have 3 spots open (or should open). Can fill young players with

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
So the one thing Cassidy didnt try all season long is to have Acciari in the middle of Nordstrom and Backes until recent

Line looks much better than with Kuraly, Frederic, JFK, Coyle centering it

Not saying this line will have a permanent place once all is healthy

But man Acciari is a very good and underrated bottom 6 center.

I hope he is resigned. He is a warrior

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Noel Acciari may be the first player since this board’s inception that has made pretty much every single poster who ever talked about him eat their hat.

Who had anything good to say about this guy 50 games ago?

Ultimately, he’s a likable player. Does not possess any sort of top tier talent, but works his ass off and finds the rewards. We’ve got a few of those and that’s going to go a long way IMO.

Reactions: rocketdan9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad