Former Bruins Noel Acciari (He’s a Panther 3 years, $1.7M/yr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Extensive dental work? That sucks.

Up until late 2017 I'd gone years without visiting the dentist. When I went they were stunned how good of condition my teeth were in.

I hate dentists. I'm sure Noel will share my views after this

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The Kuraly line would have trouble scoring at the best of times but I don’t mind them not scoring if they are being matched up against another teams 1st or 2nd line . Personally I love the Kuraly line and would like to see them matched up against the Matthews line in the first round.

Will not work in playoffs when other teams top line is on a ton.Going to need others to defend well.Think about it.If your trying to Match Leafs top line your best players will be on bench alot.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
The fourth line doesn't need to score to be effective. They are great at softening up the other team's D-men, clogging up the middle. They get other team looking over their shoulders more, tire them out battling along boards in the B's' O-zone and in front of the net, absorbing hits. They make more room for the other lines to operate. They are also pretty good at transitioning out of the D-zone. They are playing at least as well as the old Merlot line. And all three of them are good on the PK. Acciari isn't as fast as the others, but he seems to get to the right places well enough and makes smart plays with the puck.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I hope he had conscious sedation. He’s tough as nails.

Maybe Kuraly will lend him his fishbowl?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If you're not a Noel Acciari fan by now, gtfo.

Yep.

Not sure he’s in the lineup when Pasta comes back....but you can’t complain too much about a guy who works as hard as he does every game.

Regardless of where his career goes from here, if he plays like this, he can rest his head knowing he gave it his all.

Reactions: veganbruin and PB37

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yep.

Not sure he’s in the lineup when Pasta comes back....but you can’t complain too much about a guy who works as hard as he does every game.

Regardless of where his career goes from here, if he plays like this, he can rest his head knowing he gave it his all.

He's in the lineup when Pastrnak returns, 100%. Nordstrom comes out if anything.

Reactions: PB37

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
He may be the weakest link of our 4th line but they are playing so well no way he comes out. His physicality is consistent, he is good on faceoffs, plays with heart, lots to like.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Why does everyone hate him so much? He’s not suppose to score, he’s suppose to hit, provide energy and defend. He does all those things above average. He can play on my 4th line any day.

Reactions: PB37

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Why does everyone hate him so much? He’s not suppose to score, he’s suppose to hit, provide energy and defend. He does all those things above average. He can play on my 4th line any day.

The team feeds off of their energy shifts. I love that Acciari has no problems nailing star players from the other team.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I said accari could be exposed to waivers and sent to ahl earlier in the year... and honestly I still feel the same way.

he had 2 points tonight so give him his moment in the sun... hes still on pace for around 10 points for the year. he has averaged around 10 points per 82 games his career so far.

I like his effort defensively... he doesn't shy away from physical play... but hes not a heavy weight. and he is kind of a blackhole offensively

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him around in providence on a 1-way contract next year because he does play an honest effort and seems like a great role model for the younger kids.

I don't want him in the way of a guy like Karson kuhlman or trent federic for playing time next year though

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Yep.

Not sure he’s in the lineup when Pasta comes back.
...but you can’t complain too much about a guy who works as hard as he does every game.

for real? i know acciari gets crushed here by a lot of people, but dude has been very good in his
role for quite some time. that line is money, best 4th line since the paille-campbell-thornton threesome.
nordstrom and backes are the revolving sitters when pastrnak is back.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I said accari could be exposed to waivers and sent to ahl earlier in the year... and honestly I still feel the same way.

he had 2 points tonight so give him his moment in the sun... hes still on pace for around 10 points for the year. he has averaged around 10 points per 82 games his career so far.

I like his effort defensively... he doesn't shy away from physical play... but hes not a heavy weight. and he is kind of a blackhole defensively

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him around in providence on a 1-way contract next year because he does play an honest effort and seems like a great role model for the younger kids.

I don't want him in the way of a guy like Karson kuhlman or trent federic for playing time next year though

I agree with the last paragraph for sure. Should not block younger players. Which I don’t think he will. I think Sweeney learned his lesson. And I can tell he did because he let Schaller and Nash walk last year.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think the criticism of him at the beginning of the year was fair and it makes me wonder if he was playing injured because the back 50% of games he’s been a good player imo

Reactions: JRull86

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I like him and he played well tonight but you don’t fall in love with 4th line players unless they do one thing exceptionally well IMO. I don’t think he qualifies.

Reactions: Tbrady12

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
for real? i know acciari gets crushed here by a lot of people, but dude has been very good in his
role for quite some time. that line is money, best 4th line since the paille-campbell-thornton threesome.
nordstrom and backes are the revolving sitters when pastrnak is back.

I guess I can’t see Cassidy sitting anyone for a bunch of games in a row, certainly not Backes (right or wrong), Nordstrom is obviously one that is likely to be in the press box at times...just thinking Acciari could be one as well...primarily because of his lack of production.

Which I know is odd to say after tonight’s game...just looking at what could play out when Pasta is back.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I guess I can’t see Cassidy sitting anyone for a bunch of games in a row, certainly not Backes (right or wrong), Nordstrom is obviously one that is likely to be in the press box at times...just thinking Acciari could be one as well...primarily because of his lack of production.

Which I know is odd to say after tonight’s game...just looking at what could play out when Pasta is back.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Krejci -- MoJo

Heinen -- Coyle -- Backes

Kuraly -- Acciari -- Wagner

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
A puck in the mouth wasn’t about to stop Noel Acciari from putting one in the net - The Boston Globe

Noel Acciari, the first star in the Bruins’ 4-1 win over the Lightning Thursday night, left the Garden with his third goal of the season tacked on his career CV and a big, puck-eating smile on his face.

Admit it, dear reader, you’re wincing right now. Your toes are curled and tucked. The mere notion of a cold, steely chunk of rubber smashing full force into your mouth is probably enough to make you shut the blinds, pull up the covers and text the office (too painful to call!) to inform the boss you’ll need a week or two to get back to full working order. Maybe.

Hockey players aren’t totally alone in the pain-and-play category. Football and rugby players also are a special breed when it comes to toleratin’ the intolerable. But the hockey guys seem to relish their lives as the kings of pain. That either makes them ghoulish or just plain, well . . . nuts.

“No . . . not at all . . . he’s a pretty tough customer,” said Tuukka Rask, asked if he was surprised Acciari was back in the lineup. “I think he just wanted to wear that lucky bubble. He’s a pretty tough cookie.”

“Especially with this group here . . . it takes a lot more than a puck in the mouth to keep a guy out of the game,” said Brad Marchand. “You see what guys consistently play through here.”

“You know,” added Marchand, “hockey players don’t sit out just because they have a sore thumb.”

But a puck to the mouth and teeth flying out as if being shot from a Pez dispenser? Dental pain is its own special category. CVS nearly devotes a full aisle to the gels and assorted numbing agents for customers who’ve lost a filling or had a tooth shatter on a piece of hard candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad