"Nobody wants to fight Jamie Benn"

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Benn dropped them with Iginla and won.... and not the Iginla of the last couple seasons.

Benn did not win that fight, it was pretty even for most of it then Benn decided to stop throwing and ate a few more bombs.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
The fans are standing up to him! The security guards are standing up to him! The peanut vendors are standing up to him! And by golly, if I could get down there, I'd be standing up to him!

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Nothing he does make me ever think he's a guy that players wouldn't fight and of course his GM would say that, he's pumping his own player's tires, what's he going to say next?

"Tyler Seguin is actually the kind of guy I would let my daughter marry...."

People would probably believe him there too and he'd still be wrong.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
We saw from the Zucker slash it doesn't even have to be a hit. Just have to strip him of the puck.

It's a joke that Benn gets away with it too. He's gotten a dozen fines for numerous similar dangerous antics but not a single suspension, probably has dirt on somebody on the disciplinary committee or something.

Pohlow

Mar 26, 2012
Frisco, Tx
It must suck to be alone in the whole 'Jamie Benn is a cheap shot artist' thing. Wins Art Ross, and is one of the most respected players in the league considering his nomination for the Ted Lindsay. Yup, cheap shot artist. lmao.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
If I recall correctly, in 2013 Adam McQuaid was in a shoving match wiTh him and dropped his gloves but Benn didnt oblige and hid behind the linesman.

Yup. I remember him being a cheap ****** one game and a bunch of Bruins (Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Horton and McQuaid) wanted a piece of him but he wouldn't fight any of them. I'm sure guys hate it when their GM says something like this though.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
It must suck to be alone in the whole 'Jamie Benn is a cheap shot artist' thing. Wins Art Ross, and is one of the most respected players in the league considering his nomination for the Ted Lindsay. Yup, cheap shot artist. lmao.

Clearly unbiased post. :laugh:

You do realize Perry was a finalist for the Lindsay as well right? Are you going to tell us now that Perry is not a punk on the ice?

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
Yup. I remember him being a cheap ****** one game and a bunch of Bruins (Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Horton and McQuaid) wanted a piece of him but he wouldn't fight any of them. I'm sure guys hate it when their GM says something like this though.
Benn will knock them all out at the same time. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Simmer never backs down. TheRe are a few Flyers who would have a go with him Simmonds, Rinaldo, White, Manning, Gudas and that's just one team.

Obviously, Nill is kind of full of it here. That said, there is only one name on that list that a player of Benn's caliber should even think about fighting and that is Simmonds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad