"Nobody wants to fight Jamie Benn"

LeanBeef

Sep 4, 2012
If I recall correctly, in 2013 Adam McQuaid was in a shoving match wiTh him and dropped his gloves but Benn didnt oblige and hid behind the linesman.

Zack Kassian tried to get Benn to fight two times a few years ago as well.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
"nobody wants to fight him" and then couple of videos with him fighting top pugilists like Beauchemin and J. Thornton. Hahaha.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
*Most people don't want to fight Jamie Benn. I'm sure you could find a few player that would drop the gloves against him, like Kassian or Lucic.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Maybe he's talking about Backes because that game where Backes tried getting rough with Eakin and then ran off when Benn stepped in was pretty amusing

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
"nobody wants to fight him" and then couple of videos with him fighting top pugilists like Beauchemin and J. Thornton. Hahaha.

Thornton shouldn't be taken lightly,has really only been rocked by Lindros....pretty safe to say he won the Benn fight. He destroyed Getzlaf, Doughty and Toews.
Not his fault he's tougher than other star players.

Benn is a really aggressive fighter and will take punches to get some of his own + it takes alot to knock him down....so guys probably don't want to fight him because they know they can't hug their way out like Mayweather

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

My thoughts exactly. Benn is a good power forward, but I don't exactly see him big boying guys off the ice.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.

This just happened a few months ago.

That was All Ericsson, Benn ended up just bailing and shoving him to the ice. And Benn was the one who initiated that fight and looked for it.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Maybe he's talking about Backes because that game where Backes tried getting rough with Eakin and then ran off when Benn stepped in was pretty amusing

That is Backes' MO. Spot picker and a wuss that likes to run off or hide behind the refs.

As to this thread, this is Jim Nill saying the equivalent of "my captain is tougher than your captain lol".

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Probably because he seems to challenge people to fight after taking a hard hit and going into butt hurt mode.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Says his gm...

Yeah. When i saw the thread title i assumed it was to a players poll or something. A statement like that doesn't really carry the same weight when the person saying it isn't one of the guys actually in a position to fight him.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Stars GM, you make me laugh sir!!!

I've been training with 10 pound weights, and having daily fights with my one legged grandmother for over 3 months now. If those results are any indication, my fight with Benn will be a cakewalk!

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
The fans are standing up to him! The security guards are standing up to him! The peanut vendors are standing up to him! And by golly, if I could get down there, I'd be standing up to him!

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Benn dropped them with Iginla and won.... and not the Iginla of the last couple seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad