Confirmed with Link: Noah Rod contract to be terminated

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Not surprised at all. There was no way he was going to leave Switzerland to play in the AHL, and he's not good enough for the NHL.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Didn’t deserve a contract in the first place. His attitude has been pretty poor from the start.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
What a disaster the 2014 Draft was. Goldobin, Bergman, Rod, Schoenborn, Sadowy, and Vanier all total busts and no longer with the org. Thank goodness for the final two picks of that draft in Chartier and Labanc for not making it a total 0fer. I really liked the Goldobin pick at the time as his upside was what I wanted, but hated the entire 2nd and 3rd rounds. Looks like my suspicions were correct. The 2014 offseason as a whole was the biggest WTF moment in Sharks history. Mike Brown extension, sign John Scott, and the whole draft thing are a real black eye on DW's resume.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I wonder if Rod refused to come to the prospect camp and the Sharks said, ok, I think we’re done here.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What a disaster the 2014 Draft was. Goldobin, Bergman, Rod, Schoenborn, Sadowy, and Vanier all total busts and no longer with the org. Thank goodness for the final two picks of that draft in Chartier and Labanc for not making it a total 0fer. I really liked the Goldobin pick at the time as his upside was what I wanted, but hated the entire 2nd and 3rd rounds. Looks like my suspicions were correct. The 2014 offseason as a whole was the biggest WTF moment in Sharks history. Mike Brown extension, sign John Scott, and the whole draft thing are a real black eye on DW's resume.
After the 2014 draft, I really thought it would be a franchise changing draft class...but it wasn't.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
Goldobin and Bergman were defensible picks even though they haven't panned out. Rod never made any sense. You don't pick a guy who scores three points in 28 Swiss league games in his draft year in the second round. Honestly I think all the picks the Sharks made in 2014 except for Rod were good ones at the time. Can't really fault them for guys failing to develop. And, really, if Goldobin joins Labanc as an established NHLer that's a successful draft overall based on where they picked.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
The guy was never going to make the NHL without developing in the AHL for a bit, and he wasn't willing to do that. So whatever, bye Noah.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I have no disappointment ever since I went and checked how every draftee by the sharks ended up. Its like a graveyard of broken dreams, its a very hard thing to do. It really is a crap shoot. The fact that we got an all star in Joe Pavelski is beyond miraculous.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I find that very hard to believe.

I agree. Contract terminations usually make players Unrestricted Free Agents even if they're still in the RFA age window.

This isn't the same as Sateri or Tarasov bailing for Europe when they were unsigned RFA or with service time left on their contract respectively.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Noah Rod was one of the picks that we got from trading Douglas Murray to the Pens. The other pick was moved to move up to take Mirco Mueller. Great trade to get two 2nd round picks for Murray who was done by then. Terrible use of draft picks even at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad