Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great news on a Monday!

Fantastic news. Just hoping there would be a way for Juulsen to take extra precautions next year. He's been through a lot and the worst case scenarios that were envisaged when he was injured, gave a lot of pause.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
LHEH2EF.jpg

Reactions: Guns n Roses

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
"As of as of right now, I'm going home knowing that I'm healthy and I'm cleared. I'm good to go for next season."

"Did I know what's going on? I wasn't sure... The first one I think I was fine. And the second one, I think was what did all the damage. It it's what it it's and happy to be where I'm at."

"I'm not sure to be honest... It could set me back a little bit... If the team was in the playoff, I would be playing the next weekend..."

"It's tough for sure. I'm good to go for next year. It's turning the page in the book and moving on."

"Waiting for results is always tough not knowing what the outcome is going to be. But once, I had the outcome and got a timeline and things like that, from there it was smooth sailing. There were a couple of things here and there, but other than that I was good to go. Rumours goes around and people say what they want..."

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
As good as Mete was in certain facets of his game, nor does he need to be a first pairing D. He probably wouldn't make it there on any other team.

A first pairing D that can't score a goal in two seasons is not a first pairing D.

Starting next season with Mete at first pairing will mean that Bergevin will have failed to addressed one of the main priorities of the off season, if not the most glaring need.

Back to Juulsen, since it's a Juulsen thread apparently. Great news that he's getting greenlighted for next season.
I agree, Mete is most certainly not a first pairing D at the moment. But he's shown me a lot more than the guys we have had as our 3-6 Dmen. He belongs on the big club in some capacity. In a perfect world he is on the bottom pairing, but we don't appear to have the depth for that currently. Luckily, that appears to be changing with the likes of Fleury and Brook on the way in the next season or two...

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hope he'd consider a full cage throughout next year and then decide on the following season, what he wants to do.

That was enough of a scare as it was.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
The key word is “full”
“Visor” is only the half plastic part.

A cage is a full grill. I just found a hybrid but I think it would fog up and the guys couldn’t use their finger to wipe the inside..

7B77BBE7-7689-4D93-B293-D61F06474424.jpeg

Maybe a little fan in there like snowboard goggles Have :naughty:

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

A cage is a full grill. I just found a hybrid but I think it would fog up and the guys couldn’t use their finger to wipe the inside..

View attachment 215179

Maybe a little fan in there like snowboard goggles :naughty:

Someone is going to come up with a space age solution and will be featured on Shark Tank.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

View attachment 215179

Maybe a little fan in there like snowboard goggles Have :naughty:
I think with fighting just about phased out that eventually some players will wear full facial protection. I remember a time when no one wore helmets then eventually everyone was mandated. Now only vets can play without visors. It’s coming.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's certainly great news especially by seasons end so he'll have the entire off-season to work out and not be impacted. It will be very interesting to see how he does at camp, it's the last year he is waiver free but as long as he works on his mobility, skating, hopefully he can bounce back to being at least a very solid bottom pairing D and perhaps better.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think with fighting just about phased out that eventually some players will wear full facial protection. I remember a time when no one wore helmets then eventually everyone was mandated. Now only vets can play without visors. It’s coming.

From a physics point of view, both sticks and pucks move faster than the eye when it comes to impact with the face. Better protection makes total sense.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
It's certainly great news especially by seasons end so he'll have the entire off-season to work out and not be impacted. It will be very interesting to see how he does at camp, it's the last year he is waiver free but as long as he works on his mobility, skating, hopefully he can bounce back to being at least a very solid bottom pairing D and perhaps better.

I think it's a given that he'll be a least a #6 in the NHL, I don't worry about waivers at all when it comes to Juulsen, he proved a lot already.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is great news about NJ !!! We will be glad to see him back with the big club in October!! He was just starting to play well, and then the injury bug bit him.

He was our best D man behind Petry and before Weber came back. There was a 2 or 3 week stretch when Juulsen was hurt, Mete was in the AHL, Weber was not back yet.... It was Petry and a bunch of 3rd pairing guys and a large % of our fan base was throwing Price under the bus cause he couldn't "save us". This should be a lesson to some but doubt they learned.

Juulsen is very good. A top 4D in the making. Brook is going to catch him fast cause he also plays a smart game but has more offensive skills. Then add Fleury. It will be interesting to see how they push Petry and Weber in the coming years.

Take Petry and Weber out of the picture, our D looks very solid if these kids continue to grow and mature!

Romanov / Brook
Mete / Juulsen
Kulak / Fleury
Harris

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Brook will replace Petry when his contract comes due or he's traded in his final season. Juuls will be on the 3rd pairing this year

Reactions: Rapala and jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad