Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah for sure. He certainly looks like he can handle it though. Thought Juulsen was going to take that 3rd RD spot but with his post concussion syndrome, I don't think we see him this year
Has it officially been diagnosed as post-concussion syndrome?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nope I'm just speculating sorry. Should have mentioned it. Idk what else it would be though.
Probably is. But i know people can also get headaches from eye problems that have nothing to do with concussions.

Ex: not processing light properly, or eye glands not producing enough water/tears, etc... there are usually treatments for eye problems though.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
No the team is clearly trying to cover their ass, and thats fine I guess

Any symptoms being "gone" is purely from the (i dont want to lose my spot in the NHL) mouth of juulsen

Good chance his symptoms have persisted all this time, only really getting back onto the ice and going full speed, and the eyes constantly glaring at white ice and white lights seems to have re-ignited his PCS.

So ... its that , or a brain tumor.
Or something related to his face injury.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Probably is. But i know people can also get headaches from eye problems that have nothing to do with concussions.

Ex: not processing light properly, or eye glands not producing enough water/tears, etc... there are usually treatments for eye problems though.

Yes and the organization has repeatedly said it's no a concussion so this was a strange thing for him to speculate.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Lol right, im sure the orbital bone that healed in 8 weeks is the cause of the headaches over the brain injury he suffered, aka : Concussion.
"L'entraîneur Claude Julien avait insisté samedi pour dire que Juulsen n'avait pas subi une commotion cérébrale. "

There you have. Clod himself said it's not a concussion so how can you possibly not believe it.

(Didn't just say it... he INSISTED)

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So he is looking for the second opinion... what was the first opinion? Was it that he doesn't have concussion and can play or that he has something else and can't play? Sorry, I can't find where that information is because you know... transparency.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah for sure. He certainly looks like he can handle it though. Thought Juulsen was going to take that 3rd RD spot but with his post concussion syndrome, I don't think we see him this year

Man, that Juulsen situation is troubling. There is also a long term personal health issue to contend with outside of any impact on his playing career — I would never compromise that if that was the ultimate choice. Hope it doesn’t come to that and that he pulls through.

And no, not speculating either way. Just hoping for the best.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Man, that Juulsen situation is troubling. There is also a long term personal health issue to contend with outside of any impact on his playing career — I would never compromise that if that was the ultimate choice. Hope it doesn’t come to that and that he pulls through.

And no, not speculating either way. Just hoping for the best.
It is too bad. I really liked his play and thought he could develop into a very solid dman. His long terms healthy should be the only consideration though...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
"L'entraîneur Claude Julien avait insisté samedi pour dire que Juulsen n'avait pas subi une commotion cérébrale. "

There you have. Clod himself said it's not a concussion so how can you possibly not believe it.

(Didn't just say it... he INSISTED)

Read the rest of the posts before chiming in uselessly , post concussion syndrome is a real thing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Posting this here because like Juulsen, Patrick has had concussions before and has had headaches like Juulsen has. So maybe Juulsen has the same thing?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So he is looking for the second opinion... what was the first opinion? Was it that he doesn't have concussion and can play or that he has something else and can't play? Sorry, I can't find where that information is because you know... transparency.

As far as I know, all we know is he is seeking a 2nd opinion. It appears that he may not like the opinion he is getting from the Habs doctors? I don't know for sure but it I couldn't help but notice the comment that the Habs management said... "We respect he wants to have a 2nd opinion but we know it's not a concussion".

Shitty situation for Juulsen cause he was playing well to start the year last year before those two pucks to his face. Talk about a derail in his career

Reactions: Tyson

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Hope he recovers, but as far as missing him as a player, I think he was and will always be a complete non factor. I have a feeling this might just be a separate issue from his facial injury altogether, but I have no idea and wish him the best.

Jul 6, 2016
Hope he recovers, but as far as missing him as a player, I think he was and will always be a complete non factor. I have a feeling this might just be a separate issue from his facial injury altogether, but I have no idea and wish him the best.

It has to be his "head". No doubt. Vision problems ? Headaches ? Labirynthitis ?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Lol right, im sure the orbital bone that healed in 8 weeks is the cause of the headaches over the brain injury he suffered, aka : Concussion.

The orbital bone break can destroy your facial nerves and cause massive issues with brain swelling etc. Its often the same symptoms as a concussion, but it can be very life altering and career ending. Some people lose all sensation in their mouth for example, and their vision deteriorates peripherally. I suspect with the amount of time he has missed already, it is a worst case scenario for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->