Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
He's bad at playmaking ? He makes the safe plays, thats for sure, but hella worse players have carved a career in the NHL. His shot is always a threat, and he's a force on the offensive blueline because of his lateral mobility.

I think you're getting confused here, you think he's a finished product, you think he will not get better, which is weird, since we all know that defenders take longer to develop. Mete and him are far from finished products, even though theyre in the NHL.
He's not producing points. I know he's not a finished product but he's not producing points and it seems to me that he's going to suffer from stunted development.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
He's not producing points. I know he's not a finished product but he's not producing points and it seems to me that he's going to suffer from stunted development.

He's not really a point-producing player. I've been watching him since his first year in Everett and that's always been evident.

If he can get more than ~30 points in a season, and play a physical, two-way game, he'll be a very valuable player for us. Kind of like a Hjalmarsson type - but hopefully with a bit more offense.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You don't need points to be a top 4 dman. Hamonic and Larsson are both top 4 dmen but don't produce much. I can see Juulsen becoming that kind of dman.

on a contending team I think you do, since top means likely quality ice time. look at vegas, they had 4 guys with over 23 pts last year, that's what I'd like to see something in that range.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
By top 4 D man he is looking like a no.4 D man, which is different from a no. 3 D man , value is a chunk less, but still valuable. Hamonic is a good example of a no.4 , and yeah , Larsson, the guy Chia traded for an elite winger is another. Call me crazy, but the value assigned to Hamonic is closer to the mark in terms of value. Chia paid for a top pair D man.

So if Juulsen can develop into a strong defensive player and get that 15 points or so then he is a no.4 . If he can break into that 25-30 point area, then he can fill the no.3 slot. See what time does.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
on a contending team I think you do, since top means likely quality ice time. look at vegas, they had 4 guys with over 23 pts last year, that's what I'd like to see something in that range.
What about Dumoulin? Top 4 dman that was a huge part why the pens won the cup without Letang. Of course having two generational centers help, but he was a huge part of their team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What about Dumoulin? Top 4 dman that was a huge part why the pens won the cup without Letang. Of course having two generational centers help, but he was a huge part of their team.

sure, give me Crosby and Malkin and Kessel, a good coach and I'll be content with having a top 4 D that doesn't put up more then 15 pts. Of course it depends on the rest of the makeup of our team, how well do others on our blueline produce? As much as I like Brook, I don't see us having the big point producers like we did with Markov/Subban down the road unless Weber finds the fountain of youth and we give up Mete so we can protect Weber/Petry/Juulsen in the expansion draft.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
sure, give me Crosby and Malkin and Kessel, a good coach and I'll be content with having a top 4 D that doesn't put up more then 15 pts. Of course it depends on the rest of the makeup of our team, how well do others on our blueline produce? As much as I like Brook, I don't see us having the big point producers like we did with Markov/Subban down the road unless Weber finds the fountain of youth and we give up Mete so we can protect Weber/Petry/Juulsen in the expansion draft.
Dumoulin was still a huge part of that cup run. I 100% agree that we still need find some offensive dmen in the draft. We only have Brook right now and who knows if he can produce in the nhl.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Mattias Ekholm, Hjalmarsson, Stralman, Petry, Braun, Ference/Seidenberg, Muzzin, etc, are all players that played top four on succesful teams that project around 20ish points a year. Which is the pace Juulsen has right now...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mattias Ekholm, Hjalmarsson, Stralman, Petry, Braun, Ference/Seidenberg, Muzzin, etc, are all players that played top four on succesful teams that project around 20ish points a year. Which is the pace Juulsen has right now...

We've seen from past teams when we had Markov/Subban putting up big numbers and then next had 15 pts. Juulsen it's too early to say, 2 games ago he was on pace for 7 or 8 pts. The guy is a 1st round pick so he should be putting up 20+ pts and I think he can but if he doesn't that will just put more pressure on whoever we have on the top pairing.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Well a 20 point season with no PP time isn't bad at all for a physical defense first guy like Juulsen. He's going to get better as well. I think he's looking great overall so far.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Dumoulin was still a huge part of that cup run. I 100% agree that we still need find some offensive dmen in the draft. We only have Brook right now and who knows if he can produce in the nhl.
Brook? You should also include Fleury I think he's way ahead of Brook with offensive, Fleury takes shots at points and he hits the net more often than Petry does

Reactions: Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Really starting to appreciate this kid’s game. For a player with 39 NHL games he plays like a seasoned vet. Nice late first round pick!

Reactions: Redux91

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Juulsen is out indefinitely with a facial fracture :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hCeEuPn.gif

Reactions: Runner77 and Braun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events