Value of: Noah Hanifin

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Not necessarily looking to trade him, just wondering what his value currently is? He's an excellent #3 and can look like a #1 at nights, but also look like a #5 at nights. Still he's young and has a long term good cap hit contract. The reason I made this thread is because Kylington is playing fantastic as of late, and Juuso Valimaki has more upside along with doing well in the AHL. With a need for cap space in the offseason, Hanifin could fetch a good value package. So I'm curious what others would offer for Hanifin.
Dominic bokk????

Just saying

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Might be useful to know what Calgary is looking for as far as a return. Mostly futures? Comparable roster forward? Package of picks and depth, etc.
Nothing, he's absolutely not available. He's likely the most untouchable member for the Flames blueline.

Reactions: tmurfin

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Do Flames really want to move Frolik with his amazing chemistry on that second line?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
??? You have heard of Giordano, right?
You did see the word LIKELY before that, right? But who is a team more likely to consider moving? A 22 year old top 4 defenseman, that is signed through 2024, or a 35 year old, even though he is elite?

Neither of them are going to be moved, but if there was a gun to my head, I keep the long term piece with top pairing potential over a Norris caliber 35 year old.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Let’s hold onto Hanifin, he could really turn into something and his contract is amazing regardless, 4.9M is ridiculous for a solid #3 who has #1 potential.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Names I'd want to hear in return for Hanifin are

- Brayden Point (lol.. I know... I can dream)
- Taylor Hall
- Nolan Patrick
- Rickard Rakell
- Alex DeBrincat
- Mark Stone (w Extension framework mapped out)
- Patrick Laine (w Extension)
- Blake Wheeler with retained salary
- Mitch Marner (w Extension)

He's not untradeable, just as Dougie Hamilton wasn't a year ago. But trading him has to make us a lot better at forward within the cap, as Elias Lindholm has.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Names I'd want to hear in return for Hanifin are

- Brayden Point (lol.. I know... I can dream)
- Taylor Hall (lol.. I know... I can dream)
- Nolan Patrick
- Rickard Rakell
- Alex DeBrincat (lol.. I know... I can dream)
- Mark Stone (w Extension framework mapped out)
- Patrick Laine (w Extension) (lol.. I know... I can dream)
- Blake Wheeler with retained salary
- Mitch Marner (w Extension) (lol.. I know... I can dream)

He's not untradeable, just as Dougie Hamilton wasn't a year ago. But trading him has to make us a lot better at forward within the cap, as Elias Lindholm has.

Did some fixing for you.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Calgary has $66 million in cap space allotted for next season currently. That’s without a goalie signed and needing deals for tkachuk and Bennett.

But, they should be able to move Frolik and his $4.3 million for 1 season.

Based on that I doubt Calgary has interest in futures. They need to be pushing now. Would most likely want a scoring forward under contract or upcoming rfa. And not a bag age difference between the 2. Maybe max 3 years older.

We kinda screwed ourselves with that Neal contract. Only get one shot at free agency and we chose wrong imo.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Did some fixing for you.

You did no fixing.

DeBrincat is a supervaluable player but ask any Blackhawks fan and they probably tell you how badly their team could use a guy like Hanifin. It's actually a trade both teams could look at.

Hall has a year left on his deal. Hanifin has way more. Not a dream to think NJD would want to add their best LD since Scott Niedermayer for a possible UFA while Calgary goes all in on two years of cup runs.

Laine is a flawed and valuable piece. Can't drive a line but can score with the best of them. If the Jets add Mark Stone they will have:

Wheeler
Scheifele
Byfuglien
Stone

as RHS forwards who belong on a #1PP, while having only the mediocre Morrissey at LHD. Laine's value continues to drop, too.

As for Marner the Leafs might be hooped in keeping him if no one takes on the Nylander albatross. Not that Hanifin's a great fit there as he and Rielly are similar.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Realistically I could see a Hanifin for an extended Mark Stone making some sense. But I have no idea how Treliving values Hanifin. He’s likely not going to be moved, but some dman from between now and the beginning of next season will be moved.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Young RHS forward that is under control and can help now, a goalie that has a few more good years left minimum, top 4 RHS defenseman. Preferrably all making less than half of Hanifin, but similar price is fine if it's a worth while deal.

I don't expect he's moved, but 3 guys that fit the above bolded bill, cap not yet figured out, are
Strome
Georgiev
DeAngelo is a little too much with those two, but I could go Pionk instead

It's not the big sexy 1:1 return the herd wants, and I point out we should remember the herd, constantly pining for RyJo for Jones as a standard, is in error since such close fits are the exception not the rule.

Georgiev and Pionk are elc and Strome is 3.1 x 2, so they add up to a ballpark fit close to Hanifin's 4.95-ish per, if not a small savings to Flames.
Maybe a small Ranger add, but close.

Something around Kreider?
possible but no.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
You did no fixing.

DeBrincat is a supervaluable player but ask any Blackhawks fan and they probably tell you how badly their team could use a guy like Hanifin. It's actually a trade both teams could look at.

Hall has a year left on his deal. Hanifin has way more. Not a dream to think NJD would want to add their best LD since Scott Niedermayer for a possible UFA while Calgary goes all in on two years of cup runs.

Laine is a flawed and valuable piece. Can't drive a line but can score with the best of them. If the Jets add Mark Stone they will have:

Wheeler
Scheifele
Byfuglien
Stone

as RHS forwards who belong on a #1PP, while having only the mediocre Morrissey at LHD. Laine's value continues to drop, too.

As for Marner the Leafs might be hooped in keeping him if no one takes on the Nylander albatross. Not that Hanifin's a great fit there as he and Rielly are similar.

Also not to mention almost all of the Hawks best Dman prospects are RHD, not LHD.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I feel as though Horvat for Hanifin would be a decent trade for both teams

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don't expect he's moved, but 3 guys that fit the above bolded bill, cap not yet figured out, are
Strome
Georgiev
DeAngelo is a little too much with those two, but I could go Pionk instead

It's not the big sexy 1:1 return the herd wants, and I point out we should remember the herd, constantly pining for RyJo for Jones as a standard, is in error since such close fits are the exception not the rule.

Georgiev and Pionk are elc and Strome is 3.1 x 2, so they add up to a ballpark fit close to Hanifin's 4.95-ish per, if not a small savings to Flames.
Maybe a small Ranger add, but close.

possible but no.

Strome? Are you serious??? LMAO

Reactions: Dack

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Strome? Are you serious??? LMAO
5OA talent if I remember, sucked previously, looked good under NYR. Should not be viewed on same plane of a similar drafted player who has been more successful, of course, but that said, he is a righty shot mid 6 F, and only one component in a package.

So yes, serious.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
5OA talent if I remember, sucked previously, looked good under NYR. Should not be viewed on same plane of a similar drafted player who has been more successful, of course, but that said, he is a righty shot mid 6 F, and only one component in a package.

So yes, serious.

Your offer was seriously one of the poorest ones in here. Hanifin has #1 upside and he will bottom out as a #2. I wouldn’t trade Sam Bennett for the package you suggested.

Reactions: No Draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad