Value of: Noah Hanifin

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Not necessarily looking to trade him, just wondering what his value currently is? He's an excellent #3 and can look like a #1 at nights, but also look like a #5 at nights. Still he's young and has a long term good cap hit contract. The reason I made this thread is because Kylington is playing fantastic as of late, and Juuso Valimaki has more upside along with doing well in the AHL. With a need for cap space in the offseason, Hanifin could fetch a good value package. So I'm curious what others would offer for Hanifin.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Might be useful to know what Calgary is looking for as far as a return. Mostly futures? Comparable roster forward? Package of picks and depth, etc.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Might be useful to know what Calgary is looking for as far as a return. Mostly futures? Comparable roster forward? Package of picks and depth, etc.
Calgary has $66 million in cap space allotted for next season currently. That’s without a goalie signed and needing deals for tkachuk and Bennett.

But, they should be able to move Frolik and his $4.3 million for 1 season.

Based on that I doubt Calgary has interest in futures. They need to be pushing now. Would most likely want a scoring forward under contract or upcoming rfa. And not a bag age difference between the 2. Maybe max 3 years older.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Young RHS forward that is under control and can help now, a goalie that has a few more good years left minimum, top 4 RHS defenseman. Preferrably all making less than half of Hanifin, but similar price is fine if it's a worth while deal.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
why? He's a LHD, but basically a a younger muzzin

If you can't trade for a legit top pairing guy, your best bet is to try get a guy who is a year or 2 away from reaching his peak years that has the ability to reach that point

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not necessarily looking to trade him, just wondering what his value currently is? He's an excellent #3 and can look like a #1 at nights, but also look like a #5 at nights. Still he's young and has a long term good cap hit contract. The reason I made this thread is because Kylington is playing fantastic as of late, and Juuso Valimaki has more upside along with doing well in the AHL. With a need for cap space in the offseason, Hanifin could fetch a good value package. So I'm curious what others would offer for Hanifin.

Can he play RD at all? If so FLA may be interested.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
If you can't trade for a legit top pairing guy, your best bet is to try get a guy who is a year or 2 away from reaching his peak years that has the ability to reach that point

At what cost though? Flames would ask one of Nylander or Marner and this would end the conversation.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I’m not sure what Rust looks like without Crosby and if I’m being honest I don’t really want to find out

Fair enough. But nah he’s a play driver, not a guy Sid props up. If a line goes cold usually they shift Rust to “fix” it (he plays both wings).

It would actually sting pretty bad to lose him and his contract, but that’s usually how you know a trade is fair and Hanifin is exactly what this team needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad