No Winners , No losers with a deal

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by Russian Fan, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Russian Fan

Russian Fan Registered User

Home Page:
    Let's get things in perspective no matter which you are & I'm not talking about extremist who are willing to shut down the NHL for NHL II for 3-4M$ more on the cap.

No matter on how much they will agree tomorrow, people will clearly try to set a WINNER & a LOSER but to me OBJECTIVELY there won't be one & here's why :

PLAYERS WINNER : They still got the possibility for the rich team to spend a good amount on the payrolls.

PLAYERS LOSER : Well they waste 5 months of NO CAP to a......cap !

OWNERS WINNER : They finally restrain the big spenders & mostly they reduce the width between the poors of the league & the rich (25 to 42-43-44-45-46-47M$)

OWNERS LOSER : That's the funny part. No matter the cap or the linkage, they NEVER SOLVE the SMALL MARKET problem which was to make revenue. No revenue sharing plan is a LOST for poor team /small market team.

To me there's no WINNER , just 2 sides that FINALLY COMPROMISE for the good of the GAME (funny to say that though)

2. Brent Burns Beard

Brent Burns Beard DontTouchMyDonskoi!

i disagree .. i think the players are losers in this.

1. they are givng up 24% of salary that is morally and ethically theirs.
    2. they blew 1billion dollars for nothing.

dr

3. Russian Fan

Russian Fan Registered User

Home Page:
    Yes they are losers in some way but they know it would happen so in some weird way , they still save face.

4. Mess

Mess Global Moderator

Home Page:
    Bettman final TAKE it or LEAVE IT offer has no Minimum Salary so the parity crap is out the window because the range is 0 - 42.5 ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.