No trouble in Brent Burns household (Son is a Gaudreau/Flames fan)

Puckluck23*

Pretty neat story regarding Brent Burns and his son.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/09/2...ering-for-calgary-flames-star-johnny-gaudreau

“Johnny Gaudreau is my little guy’s favourite player,†smiled the wonderfully bearded Burns.

“It’s been a sticking point in our house lately because when we play Calgary, he cheers for the Flames. He wants to go to Calgary to cheer them on. I said, ‘I don’t think that’s going to happen, bud.’ I have to talk to him about it and straighten him out a bit.â€

“He plays for the Junior Sharks, and his team is the Flames. He’s obsessed with the Flames. He’s got a Flames room.â€

Truth be told, Burns is okay with it.

“He’s an unbelievable player,†said Burns, whose Canadian squad faced off Tuesday against a U.S. team Gaudreau will soon play on for years to come.

“His ability with the puck to shift side-to-side, he’s like (Patrick) Kane. Those guys are hard to contain. He’s got a great shot and gret hockey sense. Pretty amazing talent.â€

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Asked if he’d ease up on Johnny or any of the Young Guns should Canada face them in the playoff round, the Norris Trophy finalist beamed.

“You always finish your hit,†said Burns, ever the entertainer.

“Are you asking if I would not do it because they’re young? Hey, I’d run my little guy if I was playing mini-sticks.â€

:laugh:

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
In Calgary, Gaudreau is the favorite amongst the youth as well. It probably has a lot to do with his combination of his flashy skillset and his stature. Kids can relate to him since he's closer in height and has a very non-threatening demeanor.

Bathcat

Slavin is mediocre
Jul 26, 2010
Oakland
In Calgary, Gaudreau is the favorite amongst the youth as well. It probably has a lot to do with his combination of his flashy skillset and his stature. Kids can relate to him since he's closer in height and has a very non-threatening demeanor.

Has everyone forgotten about him at the all-star game? Seems very likeable and charismatic.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Yes.

Haha

This is amazing I love it that he cheers for the flames against his dad haha. Really funny

Puckluck23*

Yeah he really relates to a lot of fans here.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
was the kid born while he was with MIN? Because there were 3 Jaggers on my nephews soccer club this summer. was very popular here.

Kid could have picked a far worse role model.

Puckluck23*

Thornton and Gaudreau

Oh my

And Johnny passes it to Thornton and Gaudreau gets the puck back, he passes it back to big Joe who makes a quick pass back to Gaudreau who makes another pass back to Thornton and now back to Johnny hockey who finds some open space and passes it back to Thornton who circles the net and up front to Gaudreau who passes it back to Thornton and now to Pavelski SCORES!!!

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I never had much use for Lou Lamoriello and his Steinbrenner machinations, but Burns and Thornton look ridiculous. They are putting themselves in front of the team. Looking like a bad ZZ Top cover band does nothing for the team. It draws attention to them that is undeserved.

Homeless people can't afford beard trimmings :naughty:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
And Johnny passes it to Thornton and Gaudreau gets the puck back, he passes it back to big Joe who makes a quick pass back to Gaudreau who makes another pass back to Thornton and now back to Johnny hockey who finds some open space and passes it back to Thornton who circles the net and up front to Gaudreau who passes it back to Thornton and now to Pavelski SCORES!!!

And the sharks have trade Pavelski for Backstrom
And a million 1srts for gaudreau

The new line of Johnny Thornton Backstrom

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Good on him for supporting his son in whoever he wants to cheer for.

Here's how I imagine Burns and his son:

7175522875_379975c9ce_b.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad