No restaurants? Pffffft. What are you cooking tonight?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Damn - I grew up about an hour outside of Montreal and I remember my Dad taking me there before I went to my first game at the old Montreal Forum. I'm not sure what I enjoyed more - the chicken & ribs or the Bruins scoring 2 late 3rd period goals to escape with a tie. :thumbu:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
20200618_190029[1].jpg

Yesterday: grilled salmon, spanish rice and a side of watermelon, grapefruit and orange pieces.

Reactions: Darcy Loewen

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Happy Canada day!

And what is more east coast Canada than seafood chowder for lunch and donairs for supper? First up, the chowder complete with lobster, shrimp, scallops, clams and haddock.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Decided to make my Sunday Gravy today in honour of Canada Day, when I would normally be watching the NHL's Free Agent Frenzy in horror to learn how badly Benning had f***ed the Canucks' cap situation this time. The small silver lining to this covid thing, I guess.

Same recipe as before ITT, only I've substituted Chinese cut pork belly for the pork chops. Shouldn't be that much different. More bacon-y if anything.

*edit* Yeah, didn't make much if any difference in the taste. Although if I had to do it over again, I'd have fried the pork belly at a higher temperature to render the fat more.

Last edited:
Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Spikey

Feb 12, 2020
I hardly went to restaurants before the pandemic hit lol I also love to cook. Especially Italian cuisine. Anything Italian! Once in awhile I'll order in but that's about it.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I've been eating well this entire time, but felt this was the only thing worth sharing. Got my hands-on highquality Kobe and cooked it myself (if anyone wants advice ask). Wholesalers around me are offering certain food that is normally only available to very expensive steakhouses to the public. It is an A5 Cali-Cut Striploin.

Steak 1.jpg
Steak 2.jpg
steak 3.jpg

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I usually find recipes online or watch youtube videos on how to make certain recipes. Here is a good crock pot/slow cooker lasagna recipe: Easy Slow-Cooker Lasagna

I also like to use allrecipes.com to find recipes.

It is a difficult dish, especially with those ingredients even though I understand that pasta is not made by hand. If I can recommend, remove the ricotta and mozzarella and try using butter and bechamel, remove the garlic and try using celery, carrots and garlic. The secret is always the pasta but the meat sauce is quite difficult!

Spikey

Feb 12, 2020
It is a difficult dish, especially with those ingredients even though I understand that pasta is not made by hand. If I can recommend, remove the ricotta and mozzarella and try using butter and bechamel, remove the garlic and try using celery, carrots and garlic. The secret is always the pasta but the meat sauce is quite difficult!

Good suggestions you made. Yea sometimes I don't always follow the recipe exactly I like to mix things up too, take away ingredients and/or add ingredients.

Reactions: Incubajerks

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The lack of poutine in this thread is alarming
Love poutine, but it's something I've never tried to make at home. Seems like a bit too much work for individual servings between making the gravy and setting up and then cleaning the deep fryer. Although, it is a food that isn't great for delivery.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Love poutine, but it's something I've never tried to make at home. Seems like a bit too much work for individual servings between making the gravy and setting up and then cleaning the deep fryer. Although, it is a food that isn't great for delivery.
I made it once, while it was good, the amount of work involved in making my version of it was just way to much, but made smoked pulled pork, and homemade fries... just way too much work, but so delicious.
Was hoping to poach someones recipe when i came across this thread

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The lack of poutine in this thread is alarming

I made it once, while it was good, the amount of work involved in making my version of it was just way to much, but made smoked pulled pork, and homemade fries... just way too much work, but so delicious.
Was hoping to poach someones recipe when i came across this thread
Not poutine as we had no curds, but chicken n gravy was great today on a cooler rainy day.
image.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->