No Respect-Preseason Power Rankings

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
TSN Power Rankings: http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

What do we have to do to earn some respect :dunno:

I mean, they have us ranked the lowest out of our divisional teams.. Come on man.

I don't pay much attention to power rankings since rankings are dumb in terms of its use in professional sports.
We could win the cup in the next 2 or more seasons and still get no respect from these ignorant and hate based rankings and predictions.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The 'pre' rankings are based almost purely on the roster, not very much on past performance.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
What do we have to do to earn some respect :dunno:

Other than stop being called the Phoenix Coyotes, the answer is acquire top flight PPG goalscoring forwards.

People look at the Coyotes roster and just think it can't possibly work.

Course I'd rather have some wins than respect.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I don't pay much attention to power rankings since rankings are dumb in terms of its use in professional sports.
We could win the cup in the next 2 or more seasons and still get no respect from these ignorant and hate based rankings and predictions.

Well, we have some slight respect now based on the rankings from SI that has us right now @ #13:

Phoenix Coyotes (42-27-13)
Every year, we badmouth them for all sorts of things (miserable ownership situation, apathetic fans, boring playing style) and yet they have become a perennial playoff team. Their Western Conference finals appearance was a landmark achievement, and a new owner seems to finally be in place. They have a top goalie in Mike Smith, but it's hard to see how these guys go as far next spring. Then again, isn't that what we said all of last year?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl/news/20130109/nhl-preseason-power-rankings/#ixzz2Hh5ADJ1h

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I like the boys not getting much, if any respect, let 'em play with a chip on their shoulder knowing they'd best stick to Tipp's style of play. Blue collar sport, blue collar mentality, works for me and has served all of us well these last few years.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Nothing new to see here. We will never be respected and quite frankly, I am okay with it. I know its a very long shot, but can you guys imagine the melt down HF would have if we won the cup? :naughty:

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
...and they still continue to have the Pens on top, just like they did last year! More of a popularity contest than gauging who is the 'best'.

so
what is more important
scoring goals
or
keep the other team from scoring goals

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
...and they still continue to have the Pens on top, just like they did last year! More of a popularity contest than gauging who is the 'best'.

so
what is more important
scoring goals
or
keep the other team from scoring goals

That is the ultimate question :laugh:

We just so happen to be very good at the second one.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
That is the ultimate question :laugh:

We just so happen to be very good at the second one.

actually it's a trick question and part of why that power rating is bogus
neither selection will guarantee wins
The real answer is outplaying the opposition... and since they aren't the best offensive team, the team is built around a great defensive team that must stay discipline and create their offense when the opportune arrises, and I'm back babbling again talking about what most of us already know...

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'd much rather they be underrated than overrated. Being put high in the rankings just puts undue pressure on the team to perform. Flying under the radar far better in my opinion!

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I listen to a lot of KNBR (San Fran radio) and they had their weekly interview with one of the Sharks play-by-play guys. He stated that the Coyotes are definitely in the conversation to win the division and get a high playoff seed. Its nice to hear what other organizations think of this team's chances. The haters can hate all they want. One day they will be right but they will look foolish while they are wrong.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Hating on the Coyotes has become the "in" thing to do in the Canadian media and with Canadian bloggers.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Hating on the Coyotes has become the "in" thing to do in the Canadian media and with Canadian bloggers.

the-haters-have-arrived.jpg

Let them hate. The team they feel that we don't deserve is better than the team they root for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->