No references to BKLYN or Lubo?

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I haven't watched the pre-game shows that closely but I don't recall Howie or Butchie even mentioning bklyn or Lubo throughout either of the two broadcasts. You would think the Islanders wouldn't muzzle them, especially not on the bklyn issues. Am I mistaken? Or have they really yet to mention brooklyn? Because if so, I find that kind of odd considering its the biggest issue in Islanders Country bar none.

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
I haven't watched the pre-game shows that closely but I don't recall Howie or Butchie even mentioning bklyn or Lubo throughout either of the two broadcasts. You would think the Islanders wouldn't muzzle them, especially not on the bklyn issues. Am I mistaken? Or have they really yet to mention brooklyn? Because if so, I find that kind of odd considering its the biggest issue in Islanders Country bar none.

I'm curious about this too. I was at the game Saturday and at work Monday so I have yet to watch a broadcast. I find it extremely odd if Brooklyn hasn't been mentioned or even talked about at length.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
I think you won't hear much about Brooklyn until next season.

Next year I would expect more on the air and in the arena.

Maybe Nathan's/Brooklyn Burger/Brooklyn Beer company will open concessions at NVMC.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I think you won't hear much about Brooklyn until next season.

Next year I would expect more on the air and in the arena.

Maybe Nathan's/Brooklyn Burger/Brooklyn Beer company will open concessions at NVMC.

I think all 3 have. I know the first two have. There were also alot of Barclay's season ticket fliers around the NVMC when I was there on Saturday.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
What exactly is the "issue" you're talking about? Brooklyn isn't an issue, it's a done deal and has been for over 2 months. Not to mention we're not moving for another 2 seasons so it's not like we're on a farewell tour of some kind. What else is there to say at this point?

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
What exactly is the "issue" you're talking about? Brooklyn isn't an issue, it's a done deal and has been for over 2 months. Not to mention we're not moving for another 2 seasons so it's not like we're on a farewell tour of some kind. What else is there to say at this point?

Fair enough, its not an issue, but its still a huge development.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island

Yeah, this is how I see it. Maybe it will be casually brought up if Howie/Butch's discussion goes in that direction, but I don't see why they would give a full report on it. There's no news to break.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Just a guess but in my humble opinion there may be a reason why you would not want to play up brooklyn too much on the telecasts or at the games right now. I know many are very very excited about the move but there is still a faction of fans that attend and watch the telecasts that feel the move was a betrayal by some combination of ownership and the politicians so it may take awhile to warm up and need to be handled with selective marketing (play it up bigger in NYC/barclays and the press, while downplaying at least at first at NVMC and Long island). Whatever is the best way to sell the most tickets.

Last edited:

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Just my humble opinion and not trying to open up any arguments or cast aspersions. I know many on this board are very very excited about the move based on their perceptions of what it will entail, and I certainly hope you guys are right now that the deal has been made and wish you the best, but keep in mind that there is a faction of the fans who attend the games at the NVMC as well as the long slumbering fanbase here that felt the announcement of a move was a dagger to the heart and a betrayal by some combination of the politicians and ownership. Noone is naive to the impending move but I wonder before they go full bore with making the P.R. push for Brooklyn will they gradually ease some of us in and build up goodwill in certain arenas (i.e. NVMC/Long Island) while openly playing it up in others(NYC/Barclays/the press)? I am not saying it is indicative of the masses but I know that the group I go to games with and many out here that I speak to would be turned off if they shoved it down our throats 24/7 right away(i.e if they started constantly playing "No sleep till Brooklyn" at the games as one poster recommended in another thread). As long as they play in NVMC and try not to alienate part of the base, there may be some need for selective marketing and a calculated approach as there is a lame duck aspect to this team for those of us (no matter how many or few) who felt the bond between the team and the area. Then again maybe they will just say screw it and get the P.R. machine going as soon as they can in all arenas. If so I hope they reach agreement to end the lease early because for me there is already something missing. Oh well.

What did paragraphs ever do to you???? :amazed::laugh:

Trumanperro

Nov 10, 2008
New Jersey
They did mention Brooklyn, a couple times in the post game. I cant quote any of it, nor do I have proof, I just sorta remember. This probably helped you nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad