Post-Game Talk: No pity, Discuss (Habs 5 -2 Sens)

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by ahmedou, Dec 6, 2018.

?

POTM (06/12/2018)

1. Shaw

13.9%
  2. Byron

57.4%
  3. Agostino

6.9%
  4. Kotkaniemi

10.9%
  5. Weber

10.9%
  1. TooLegitToQuit

TooLegitToQuit Loyal Habs Fan

Civil Engineering
    He is nasty and I like it

2. Censored Toad

Censored Toad BEST GM EVER!!!! #25 ON ITS WAY!

Yes I've always been a pessimist. I used to use the anology with my family regarding snow days in public school.
    I would state that no way I'd get a snow day despite getting 30cm or something and my parents would be like " Be more positive" I stated its better to be negative here.
    1) Snowday doesn't happen, well I expected that anyways, no let down
    2) snowday happens, I didn't think it was going to happen yet it did. Pleasantly surprised.

#winning!

3. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    Not much Price could do with that D in front of him. Petry and Juulsen with paired up with a bunch of 3rd pairing guys. Weber back has stabilized things. But people need to realize the impact of having Reilly, Benn, Schlemko, Quellet, Mete, playing in your top 4D. People expect Price to carry us. We don't have the D we had before so it's different. Now, I do like how it's shaping out lately....

Kulak / Weber
    ???? / Petry
    Reilly / Juulsen.

I prefer to move Petry or Juulsen to the left side and pair them up but I'm also willing to see what piece we can get to play with Petry. Schlemko, Benn, and Quellet should be depth players.

4. teamfirst

teamfirst Registered User

Not much you can do about it anyway

Rapala likes this.
  5. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    Yeah but the whining about it is not the right "attitude" ;).

Everybody has their own prerogatives I guess.

6. Rapala

Rapala The Cup Runneth Elsewhere.

No way many people had Domi at the level he's playing at even with his hot finish last year. Drouin didn't show the determination he's bringing to games this year and he can do more particularly if we add some movement to our PP. Tatar was terribly underrated despite being a solid hockey player. I can still hear the argument that we were never going to be able to replace Patch's goals. Simple math told me two implicated twenties was already better than a streaky 35 goal scorer who fades in and out. I'm not ready to concede a playoff position to this group but a strong road record this month may tip that scale.

Schwang and TooLegitToQuit like this.
  7. Rapala

Rapala The Cup Runneth Elsewhere.

Yeah Bergevin comes under the heading of "the things I cannot change" :laugh:

teamfirst likes this.
  8. OB5

OB5 Registered User

10-4 aggregate score.

Love it

TooLegitToQuit likes this.
  9. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    Domi: Yup, I was one of the ones on the lack of goal scoring ability bandwagon
    Drouin: I always said for a while now... We only see his true potential and production depending on the skill we surround him with.
    Tatar: I didn't consider him a cap dump. But hey, I'd be lieing if I said that I thought he would be doing as good as he is.

Top 3 lines: I personally said the Habs strength is depth and rolling 3 lines. Didn't expect the 5/5 production though

Middle of the pack strategy: I said anywheres from 5-18 range potential pick. I preferred to tank but I also though with our pride/rebound/healthier roster year, we would be battleing for a playoff spot.

I underestimated how good we were slightly. Now I think we get a 10-18 range pick... ir we don't get major injuries to key players. I wasn't buying that we were a bottom 5 team for sure cause I factored in health and the "right attitude" in a rebound/pride year.

10. Censored Toad

Censored Toad BEST GM EVER!!!! #25 ON ITS WAY!

FYI tank talk is illegal now....

11. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    It's not illegal if you read the entire post. It's not allowed if you push it too far. I could be wrong but you can say I preferred us to tank but also not jump on others who want us to win games. I think this was the point. All I did in the post you read is mentioned what my preference was to start the year. I'm not going to try and dominate a thread by saying it over and over again.

The point was to allow the fans who want us to win to have a thread where they won't get jumped on for saying positive things. I always have given respect to those fans.

In other words, What's stopping a Leafs fan from creating a fake account pretending to be a Habs fan and talking about how much we suck? If we allowed this kind of attitude, it opens the door for it.

I understand the approach the mods took and I agree with it. These are Habs boards and the positive outlook or hoping we should win games vs lose should be respected.

I'm certainly not upset with the Habs beating up on the Sens in back to back games. But ask me at the end of the year what this season meant to us in terms of becoming cup contenders in the future?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  12. Perrah

Perrah Registered User

Me as well, my Sens buddy wanted to do a champions league style aggregate for the home and home. Now I get free quart of a Rum of my choosing.

13. Victorius

Victorius Registered User

Armia's return gonna complicate the lines combinations a bit. I think Agostino and DLo deserve to play. They are wingers. They need a centerman. Chaput is doing a decent job so far but he is not a long term solution either. At worst, and I think he could not like it at all, Shaw could be that 4th line centerman. OR, MB gonna try to find a better centerman than Chaput or Peca to pivot that 4th line.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  14. MXD

MXD Original #4

Dead
    Eh... the best of those teams will finish in the Top-3 in the Atlantic, so I'm not quite sure I'm understanding what you're saying here.

I don't know why you're taking for granted that Toronto will continue to be bailed out by their unsustainable goaltending. Freddy stops the puck will eventually stop working and they'll eventually have serious issues comes Matthews' inevitable next injury.
    (Notice that I'm not better on that front)

15. Schwang

Schwang Registered User

retail - for now
    Home Page:
    Even though he scored , Pacioretty never really brought anything else to the table. There’s a reason he’s called invisible and Casper. I keep saying, he’s not a good hockey player. He scores. That’s it. If the guys you mentioned net in the 20’s each, and make players around them better and help change the attitude of the team, I’d take them anyway over a 35 goal pacioretty.
    It would be truly amazing to see these guys get close to their projected point totals.
    The way that teams are producing, it feels closer and closer to the 80’s type of production.

16. cactusjack

cactusjack Registered User

Last time we were in that position or even better, he traded for Ott,Martinsen and King... I'd say don't worry about the farm being sold!

Censored Toad likes this.
  17. cphabs

cphabs It complels you!

Educator
    Sens were playing a physical game and we did well!

18. mitchmagic

mitchmagic Registered User

Home Page:
    I mean Pacioretty is an amazing complimentary player but not a player to build a team around. If you have him on your second line and getting top PP minutes you likely have a pretty good team.

19. cphabs

cphabs It complels you!

Educator
    You know something? Theo Fluery is one of my all time favorite players because of his skill and unbridled passion. Domi is going to be up there in my books as well if he keeps this up! LOL gritty little bastard.

20. 76ftw

76ftw Registered User

Waiiiiin

21. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    Leafs and Tampa battle for the 1/2 spots. Bruins, Habs, Sabres battle for the 3rd spot and last two wild card spots. Understand now?

22. MXD

MXD Original #4

Dead
    - Well, that makes 3 teams battling for three spots, in which case, no one misses :)

- Otherwise, I refer you back to my point about Toronto. They're, at this moment, unsustainably good.

23. HabsFreak

HabsFreak Registered User

Yeah because they were so horrible the last time Matthews was out right? :rolleyes:

24. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    Yes, but battle is the key word here. There are other teams that could come into the mix for the last two wild card spots.

As far as the Lafts, I understand. But they do have a good team with a great coach (like it or not). Can they stay healthy on D and in net? We will see

MXD likes this.
  25. MXD

MXD Original #4

Dead
    They were good because they got unsustainably good goaltending.