Post-Game Talk: No pity, Discuss (Habs 5 -2 Sens)

POTM (06/12/2018)

• Total voters

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
I'd say that Byron's a pretty decent assetvhimself...
I would agree that right now he is. I think we can also agree that this team is not ready to contend for a cup and won't be for a good 3-5 years if things go well. By that time, Byron will not have the value he does now which is why I believe converting him into a future asset is more important than having him to make a push for 8th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habset

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'd be very surprised if Ottawa doesn't end up in the bottom 3, outside chance at dead last.

What a deal for the Avs...already got high end talent dominating and now they'll probably leave the draft with Kakko or some other stud. :laugh:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I'd be very surprised if Ottawa doesn't end up in the bottom 3, outside chance at dead last.

What a deal for the Avs
...already got high end talent dominating and now they'll probably leave the draft with Kakko or some other stud. :laugh:
and to think it's because Sens have such a cheap owner they went from Turris to Duchesne to save contract years...

Reactions: Tuggy

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Hating those Sens like they hating each others

2oeijy.jpg

Reactions: Aspirine

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Overall a good game from the boys... They seem to have found their stride the last couple of games with some key returning players already contributing .. Rack up those points for that... *playoff push* against teams that are basically gimmes.

However I will be extremely upset if Marc decides this is "OUR YEAR" and decides to sell the farm for some D talent that hurts us long term.. Every win pushes us closer to this reality and that troubles me a great deal.

With that said, it was a good entertaining game by the guys.

Reactions: Rapala

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Overall a good game from the boys... They seem to have found their stride the last couple of games with some key returning players already contributing .. Rack up those points for that... *playoff push* against teams that are basically gimmes.

However I will be extremely upset if Marc decides this is "OUR YEAR" and decides to sell the farm for some D talent that hurts us long term.. Every win pushes us closer to this reality and that troubles me a great deal.

Agree, except I wouldn't mind a left handed Petry for a 2nd round pick...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Fun fact all of our forwards got a point except Deslauriers and Domi...

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Max was just telling Zack Smith to never waver and to stay strong. People are clearly taking this gentleman's words out of context.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I would agree that right now he is. I think we can also agree that this team is not ready to contend for a cup and won't be for a good 3-5 years if things go well. By that time, Byron will not have the value he does now which is why I believe converting him into a future asset is more important than having him to make a push for 8th.

A good Rebuild dosnt take 5 years anymore in nhl 2018. If Bergevin makes the right moves, the team should be ready to be a cup contender 2-3 years from now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
After 35% of the season gone, here is where we stand.

- 33 pts in 29 games (ranks tied 11th)
- 12 ROW (ranks tied 17th)
- 93 goals for (ranks tied 10th) * 3.2 goals/game
- 92 goals against (ranks tied 23rd) * 3.17 goals/game
- (+) 1 in goal differential (ranks tied 14th)
- 14.1% PP efficiency (ranks 29th)
- 78.5% PK efficiency (ranks 17th)

We will be battling the Sabres and Bruins for the bottom 2 wild card spots IMO. Definitely playing more entertaining hockey but this reeks of either just missing the playoffs or getting knocked out in the 1st round.

Goals allowed per game has stabilized in the last 7 games to either 2 or 3 goals per game ish. 17 goals in 7 games (2.4 per/game). I can see the Habs getting better in terms of team D moving forward and if we stay healthy.

Armia and Juulsen will be welcome additions

Last edited:

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
After 35% of the season gone, here is where we stand.

- 33 pts in 29 games (ranks tied 11th)
- 12 ROW (ranks tied 17th)
- 93 goals for (ranks tied 10th)
- 92 goals against (ranks tied 23rd)
- (+) 1 in goal differential (ranks tied 14th)

We will be battling the Sabres and Bruins for the bottom 2 wild card spots IMO.
This is the most surprising stat for me. We weren't supposed to score this year.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I've decided to roll with the inevitability. This way I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is the most surprising stat for me. We weren't supposed to score this year.

Very true! I think 99.9% of the Habs fan base thought the same heading into the season. I think the key here is rolling 3 solid lines and balanced scoring. If you are the other coach, what line do you target?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->