Post-Game Talk (GBU): No one out-tanks us

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
No. It's time to make smart moves to build the roster around those guys.

But this is Botterill and he's shown himself to be a tool, so yeah, he'll probably swap out some pieces and consistently get worse.
Agree and as much as I dont want another regime change...it might be that time again. This team has derailed and I am not sure they can fully recover.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Thinking we might need to burn it all down again? Trade Risto, Eichel and Reinhart?
No, I don't think they're as bad as their record. They need a coach with a system the players will buy into. The players have to be confident they can win if they execute. They need better goaltending but what they have is adequate with a better defensive system. UPL is promising. They've only begun to develop their players.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
McDavid and Leon are far better then any player we have on our team.
McDavid is better than any player on any team imo. Leon is great too...like his game and how he uses his positioning and strength to score...plus his lethal shot.. Skating was supposedly the big knock on him coming into the draft

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And you have to think the chances of him resigning here continues to decrease as the the losing culture continues to swallow him up.

Or the possibility of the contract he signs being more than say Evander Kane's continues to grow if they do retain him.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Tanking is at least entertaining, and it gives us something to rally around (rather than apathetically flailing around to end up only slightly better than last place). I also feel that we have some capable tank commanders on this team. Okposo already eats up a ton of salary, and we already trot out Scandella and Sobotka on a nightly basis. Maybe we could bring Matty Moulson back? Is he still under contract? Girgs and Larsson know the deal, and they can't score anyway.

The real challenge is getting Dahlin to buy into the rebuild, but hell, let him pick out all the Swedes he wants on the team for the next couple of years. We could play the Swedish National Anthem every night, along with the US and Canadian.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
If I've resorted to rooting for the Blue Jackets to miss the playoffs only so that someone else feels a comparable level of anger that I’m feeling, does that make me a bad person?

Reactions: Ralonzo

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Our tank received significant modifications this season. In past seasons, our tank scared little children away from afternoon games with all of its loud noises.

Our current tank upgrade includes stealth mode.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Any decent human being with consciousness at this point will say "sorry, I f***ed up" and will resign from coaching forever. But not the baffoon behind our bench.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eichittelharthlin

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

Canucks - 74 pts (5 games left)
Ducks - - 74 pt (4 games left)
Rangers - 71 pt (7 games left)
Sabres - 71 pt (6 games left)
Devils - 67 pt (5 games left)
Red Wings - 66 pt (6 games left)
LA - 64 pt (6 games left)
Ottawa - 60 pt (6 games left)

Looks like we'll finish 27'th overall ...

Well unless we suddenly "figure it out..." :help:

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
The UGLY: everything said today by the Pegulas with regard to hockey. Terry seems to love him some "Botts" and Phil too! Let's pray to God it's just talk and both are gone soon.

Terry also seemed to be honest in indicating that he is not interested in adding a "czar" or head of hockey operations to the organization.

That's not good IMO b/c Pegula is not smart or savvy enough to not have one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad