Recalled/Assigned: No one makes threads anymore: Ebbett sent back to WBS, Zolnierczyk recalled

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 9h

NEWS ALERT: the #Pens have re-assigned forward Andrew Ebbett to @WBSPenguins. Details: http://t.co/b00x7xESBy

NEWS ALERT: the #Pens have recalled forward Harry Zolnierczyk from @WBSPenguins. Details: http://t.co/H1nhzUqeNh

and an interesting discussion on twitter.com/H_P_Hockey about how much, if any, waiver-exemption Zolnierczyk has left.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Well it's not a huge move but Harry z > ebbett AINEC. Z could actually be an asset to our 4th line I truly believe. Hope to see him get some ice time, he busts his *** all the time.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I like Z, he's not very good (still better than Ebbett), but he's fast and annoying, and he works hard. The guy is built to draw penalties, and even if he goes with them you're almost never going to lose the better player.

The Big Dawg*

Nice, Zolny will bring much needed Speed n Grit to this lineup of soft players.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Good. It is a minor thing, but other than being better than Adams on faceoffs, Ebbett has absolutely no business being on the NHL team, IMO.

Harry Z. has been having significantly more positive impact and at least brings a dimension the team needs.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I would have preferred Leblond-Letourneau for tonight's game to be honest. Never know with Ott and Scott on the other side

Definitely. PL3 is needed on this team. Does his job, and his 4-6 minutes means more ice time for Malkin, Crosby, et al.

But unfortunately, that would kill the coach's plans for the fourth line to shine with their stellar 10-12 minutes.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Definitely. PL3 is needed on this team. Does his job, and his 4-6 minutes means more ice time for Malkin, Crosby, et al.

But unfortunately, that would kill the coach's plans for the fourth line to shine with their stellar 10-12 minutes.

It's a shame because PL3 is a better a player than Adams. The problem is that if you call up Leblond, WBS has zero toughness. Pittsburgh needs another enforcer in the system.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It's a shame because PL3 is a better a player than Adams. The problem is that if you call up Leblond, WBS has zero toughness. Pittsburgh needs another enforcer in the system.

I'm not too concerned about the AHL squad when it means bettering the NHL squad. Chain of command, and all of that.

But yes, we do need another one.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
He might arguably be more useful even if I don't think so, but to suggest PL3 is better than Adams is just asinine. And few here have hated on Adams as much as I have.

Bernie, from Weekend at Bernie's, is better than Adams at this point. So yeah, PL3 is also better.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
At least Adams contributes to the PK. What could PL3 possibly do for this team?

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Bernie, from Weekend at Bernie's, is better than Adams at this point. So yeah, PL3 is also better.

Same foot speed, same willingness to block shots... the only difference is that when Bernie gets the puck on his stick he don't just throw it somewhere randomly like Adams.

Adams gets the puck off his stick like it's covered in AIDS infected bees.

Last edited:

Fire Shero*

Lateral move

I'm surprised there aren't Ebbett fan boys complaining about him getting demoted since anytime one of these fringe nhl players gets demoted the mob gets so angry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad