No one cares about Canucks in Vancouver...

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
the quality of that style of hockey was terrible and non entertaining.
This. Also, anybody with two brain cells could see that even though the team was in the playoffs they had NO chance of actually competing for the cup. If I'm gonna spend a weeks wages just to go to a game, I'll probably wait until they can at least beat a very mediocre team like the Flames.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
For most people in Van, the Nucks are a band wagon team.

Full tilt when they are good, barren desert when not.

Everyone on this board clearly has a more vested interest otherwise they wouldn't be here.

This team right now sucks nuts but with EP, Boeser and Bo leading the way, Hughes, Demko and others in the pipeline, hopefully in a year or two this team is back where the city starts to get excited again.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Back in the bad old days of PPV the town I live in (13,000+ people) didn't have a single pub showing the games. When I asked they usually said that nobody came to them and that they weren't worth the cost (which was significant)...

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
the quality of that style of hockey was terrible and non entertaining.
LOL, this is called misremembering what actually happened.

The Canucks in 14/15 were a top 6 scoring team in the entire league.

Had nothing to do with non-entertaining, had everything to do with a "stale core" and the new regime not embracing the rebuild we were all dying for. Most people knew that 101 pt team was a mirage.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
LOL, this is called misremembering what actually happened.

The Canucks in 14/15 were a top 6 scoring team in the entire league.

Had nothing to do with non-entertaining, had everything to do with a "stale core" and the new regime not embracing the rebuild we were all dying for. Most people knew that 101 pt team was a mirage.

I think you're both trying to make similar points:

The fans want to support an on ice product that is going somewhere. Either it's a rebuilding team filled with promising youth, or it's a properly rebuilt team that has a legitimate chance to contend.

Give us a mediocre lineup filled with vets and not enough quality youth players to inspire faith in future contention, and it doesn't matter whether we make the playoffs or not, we don't want to waste our time with a team that's spinning its wheels.

Reactions: THE Green Man

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
And they keep upping the ticket prices for season ticket holders .... 4 seats since 1970, and we gave up 2 of them this year. Told them if they didn't drop the prices we were giving them up. I gather they got a lot of that.

Aquaman had sucked every penny he could out of loyal fans, and I hope he chokes on it for a few years.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Except they do care. There are two all sports radio stations that are basically 75% Canuck talk. The Canucks are a massive interest generator in Vancouver. This thread is dumb. A troll thread?
Thread should be changed to state: No one cares about Canucks in Victoria (re: World Junior tournament and Hughes getting boo`d there).

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
How can you expect people to be as invested and excited about the team when the product has been as bad as it's been for the last few seasons? Boring, uneventful hockey, sinking to the bottom of the standings year after year with little on the roster to get excited about, that's inevitably going to lead to lot of people tuning out, same goes for most markets around the league.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
people in Vancouver are not stupid. They have better things to do with their lives than subject themselves to jim benning's clown show.
The Athletic,Sep 2018...
"Earlier this month, the Canucks’ season-ticket renewal rate crept over 90 per cent and into the top 10 in the league. The NHL average is less than 80 per cent.
For the Canucks, it was more than a six per cent increase year over year, which is good for fifth in annual growth.
It qualifies as momentum.
The 10 per cent of season tickets which weren’t renewed have already been sold and then some. There will be fewer available single-game tickets this season than last."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad