No. of Jerseys Issued/Player/Season

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Just a quick question.

How many jerseys are players on each team issued per season?

I'm assuming they don't get a new jersey each game as that would be wasteful...

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Just a quick question.

They go through a bunch of jerseys each season. Many of them get auctioned off to raise funds for the team charity

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Just a quick question.

It varies from team to team. Some will just use two sets of home/road and one alternate for the entire season, some (NY Rangers) will go through four or five sets in the regular season and then at least one set per playoff series.

Most of the charity jerseys are only used for one game.

Some of the older jerseys are fascinating, like when teams would just put a patch on a piece of fabric and then sew that over top of another patch (rather than remove the first and replace it).

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
It does vary from team to team but I think three sets of home and away is pretty common. I believe that all teams whose jerseys are marketed by Meigray use three sets of home and three sets of away jerseys. Some teams that used to be with Meigray but now market their own have kept up with the same three sets (Ottawa, Montreal). That's separate from 3rd jerseys and sets that are only worn for one game and then auctioned (eg. Hall of Fame game, Winter Classic).

Ralphy*

I've noticed that when the Leafs go do charity events or visit people in the hospital, they wear replicas rather than authentics.

Not that that answers your question, but it's still pretty much on topic. :laugh:

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
It does vary from team to team but I think three sets of home and away is pretty common. I believe that all teams whose jerseys are marketed by Meigray use three sets of home and three sets of away jerseys. Some teams that used to be with Meigray but now market their own have kept up with the same three sets (Ottawa, Montreal). That's separate from 3rd jerseys and sets that are only worn for one game and then auctioned (eg. Hall of Fame game, Winter Classic).

In one episode of the "Becoming Wild" (?) behind the scenes show, the equipment manager mentioned that each player gets three sets each of home/away/alternate jerseys.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I've noticed that when the Leafs go do charity events or visit people in the hospital, they wear replicas rather than authentics.

Not that that answers your question, but it's still pretty much on topic. :laugh:

No worries, that's quite interesting!

Thanks for all the answers so far guys.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I imagine they use the same jersey until it's damaged or they need it for charity. There's probably no set number, just get a new one when you need it.

I remember last season Varlomov had a puck mark on the left shoulder of his white away jersey and it stayed there for what seemed the entire second half of the season It bugged the hell out of me for some reason, I'm a little OCD I guess.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
i think they likely usually have 3 normal jerseys per home and away and likely others for special events. leafs have camo jerseys also which they have worn in warmups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->