News Article: No negotiating offers for Radulov or Markov as per Bergevin

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
False title. There are offers on the table for both Markov and Radulov. MB just won't negotiate further with them. They either take the deals that were offered, or walk.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
So if they walk who gets the budget?
I see it like this...if Radulov walks they resign Galchenyuk and keep him and sign one of Yakupov or Jagr...
If Radulov resigns they trade Galchenyuk for Duchesne....

If Markov walks...they sign or trade for depth defense and keep what they have going into the season

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
I think if Radulov goes, it'd be silly to not offer Markov more to convince him to stay for one year, I think, unless there is something more significant available via trade (or Kovalchuk).

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So we'd officially have a team who doesn't spend up to the cap by a large margin, interesting.

I was joking, they will do something with that cash for sure.

They can't do anything now because they're still waiting for Radu and Markov.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I was joking, they will do something with that cash for sure.

They can't do anything now because they're still waiting for Radu and Markov.

All right, so the question is still valid who do you target?

Oduya on LD?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I think if Radulov goes, it'd be silly to not offer Markov more to convince him to stay for one year, I think, unless there is something more significant available via trade (or Kovalchuk).

Agreed. We really can't afford to have both of them walk and be stuck holding the bag.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
False title. There are offers on the table for both Markov and Radulov. MB just won't negotiate further with them. They either take the deals that were offered, or walk.

That's not it either. He made an offer. If they say no it's off the table and they come back to the table. The comments are strategy. The Hudon comments are strategy. It's all strategy and bergevin is going to sign them both

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
You have to make up your mind. Do you or do you NOT want a TOP CENTER. Any top center contract is going to cost 6-8 mil if not more.
Pleky will be gone saving 6 mil, others will need a bump up, so you do the MATH, MB has to do the math. The math does NOT LIE.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
So we'd officially have a team who doesn't spend up to the cap by a large margin, interesting.

I'm sure there's a few bottom sixers Bergevin is craving.

There could still be movement by either side in those negotiations. The team needs both those players and there are options for freeing up considerably more cap room for a decent centre as well.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
You have to make up your mind. Do you or do you NOT want a TOP CENTER. Any top center contract is going to cost 6-8 mil if not more.
Pleky will be gone saving 6 mil, others will need a bump up, so you do the MATH, MB has to do the math. The math does NOT LIE.

Pleks will be re-signed.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
They can both come back if they both agree on the term/money the Canadiens wants.
I can see Radulov coming back, but I think the offer on Markov is low.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm okay with this. You have to draw the line somewhere. You only have so much money in a cap. So if either or both of these guys want top dollar or more years, enjoy. Capitalism at work. I hope no one hear cries over losing these guys. There is only so much money you can spend.

Somehow that rule didn't apply when MB doled out contracts to Emelin, Plekanec, Shaw and Alzner.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why do ridiculous statements like this always pop up. Montreal always spends to very near the cap limit... so NO, it doesn't go to Molson.

He knows better. He was probably being facetious.

Although, I'm ashamed to admit I just defended Belial. :amazed::laugh:

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012

He said they didnt take the deals and what they are asking is impossible to do so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad