No need to panic

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Wow, there are a lot of people in here that quite frankly...have zero clue what they are looking at. zero clue.

We lack skill, size, speed, toughness, tenacity, finish, etc.

These are hardcore personnel problems. The Tooth Fairy isn't going to bail us out, overnight.

I would agree that the bottom 6 stinks and needs an overhaul........I have faith in Stepan, Hagelin, Callahan, Brassard, Nash but they need more. Besides Dorsett and well Richards so far this yr the rest can get lost if they don't produce soon

Uncle Sid

Nov 30, 2007
New Jersey
Im not panicking just yet, but I have to say I am extremely disturbed by the "efforts" we saw in San Jose and Anaheim. However, it is still way to early in the season to mail it in from a fans perspective. I think if we are still seeing the rangers get blown out in spectacular fashion 20 games into the season by division opponents then we may have a problem. Something tells me that's highly unlikely. Regardless, I really hope this turns around sooner rather than later, before the wheels fall off entirely.

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
I would agree that the bottom 6 stinks and needs an overhaul........I have faith in Stepan, Hagelin, Callahan, Brassard, Nash but they need more. Besides Dorsett and well Richards so far this yr the rest can get lost if they don't produce soon

I like them as complimentary players. But the team lacks that...glue player who helps bring all the pieces together.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Didn't Washington start off incredibly poorly in the first 1/4 of last season and then come back to life and make the playoffs?

It's a long, long season.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Washington also has a guy who has won a couple Richard Trophies, an Art Ross, and 3 Hart trophies.

I understand that, but this Rangers team is better on the backend pretty easily. When it rains it pours.

The point is it's an 82 game schedule that this team is 5 games into. Plenty of time to go. This team will absolutely be a playoff team.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
They're going to get significantly better defensively but it needs to happen soon. It's going to be tough to make the playoffs with Detroit and Columbus in th East.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
It's hard to be "offensive minded" when you don't have the puck very much. Loss of Nash kills this strategy. We at least had hope while he was playing because he could hang onto the puck for a nano second.

Here's hoping for a miracle at the home opener that starts a 6-7 game win streak.....?

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005

It's hard to be "offensive minded" when you don't have the puck very much. Loss of Nash kills this strategy. We at least had hope while he was playing because he could hang onto the puck for a nano second.

Here's hoping for a miracle at the home opener that starts a 6-7 game win streak.....?

Hockey's not basketball, if you build your system around one player, you're gonna lose.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I understand that, but this Rangers team is better on the backend pretty easily. When it rains it pours.

The point is it's an 82 game schedule that this team is 5 games into. Plenty of time to go. This team will absolutely be a playoff team.
They WERE better on the back end. They have allowed 20 goals in 3 games. The defensemen are ALL running around like chickens with their heads cut off and do not see capable of any type of fundamental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad