Trade: [NO/NE] Brandin Cooks to New England

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Cooks is a good player. Edelman is a FA after next year so the move makes sense. Brady struggled throwing vertically last year. Cooks isn't in the DJax or Stills accuracy eraser tier but he's solid enough to make teams honest.

He did? Not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to see what metric you're using to draw that conclusion.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
something about Butler's tender not being done, which was supposedly the hangup in the original deal.

What do you mean not done? Isn't it just a set amount?

I know he can't be traded until he signs the tender. If they're still discussing a Butler trade, maybe the long-term extension is the hang up. He may not sign the tender until the Saints agree to pay him.

The Saints secondary and defense in general hasn't been very kind to players. If I were him, I'd want the extension in place coming out of the Pats system and off another Super Bowl win rather than gambling on getting paid next offseason.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He did? Not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to see what metric you're using to draw that conclusion.

Its weird with him because if he throws over 21 yards (in the air) under six times a game, hes in the top 10. Once he gets over 6 attempts hes in the Osweiler/Gabbert tier in deep ball accuracy. He also started the year unsustainably hot. I used Football Outsiders and Optimium Scouting and my own charting so I could match. On the plus side, Malcom Mitchell might be a better deep threat than Cooks. He's a pretty good accuracy eraser. Tom is still money on short and intermediate stuff.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

I know he can't be traded until he signs the tender. If they're still discussing a Butler trade, maybe the long-term extension is the hang up. He may not sign the tender until the Saints agree to pay him.

The Saints secondary and defense in general hasn't been very kind to players. If I were him, I'd want the extension in place coming out of the Pats system and off another Super Bowl win rather than gambling on getting paid next offseason.

signed, I guess.

If the Saints do acquire him and sign him to an extension he's 100% guaranteed to break his leg in 14 places by the 3rd game of the season.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

The player has to sign the tender and butler has not done it yet

I expect him to be quite upset with how things played out and I do not blame him, not even a little bit

Love the pats offseason so far. I'm a honk and would say that regardless though, belichick is beyond reproach to me personally

Last edited:

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
ok-then.gif

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Payton hanging on Belicheck's sack confirmed. How the hell do they add a 4th rounder to an already awful deal for Cooks alone? Someone should be fired over this. What a joke.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
that's what I am wondering. Cooks is good, young, etc....but even a mid first rounder is a pretty steep price for a position that's fairly easy to acquire.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Not a chance Robinson offered #18 from the Titans and the Saints turned it down, obviously. That was rumored yesterday and earlier today. Really wondering what J-Rob was offering if it wasn't 18 or 5 for Cooks+11.

Anyhow, a really good deal for the Pats, needless to say. Curious to see what his and Butler's extensions will look like, though.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
In what world is Brandin Cooks worth more than a 1st and 3rd?

I think his numbers mislead people to thinking he is a #1 WR. He's really not. Every game last season, his skillset looked less like Antonio Brown and more like a poor man's T.Y. Hilton. Which is still a really good player, but not a true #1 WR.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I think his numbers mislead people to thinking he is a #1 WR. He's really not. Every game last season, his skillset looked less like Antonio Brown and more like a poor man's T.Y. Hilton. Which is still a really good player, but not a true #1 WR.

I can agree with that. I think he can be a suped up Edelman eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->