Post-Game Talk: No more reverse reverse jinx threads.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Literally? EDM is 1 point ahead of CAL with 1 in hand, 2 ahead of NSH with NSH a game in hand, 2 ahead of peg, edm with 2 in hand. 4 ahead of zona, edm with 2 in hand. I think you need to check the batteries in your calculator. I think EDM makes the finish line, but they could be outside looking in with a better record than 2 under .500.....No team in the Pacific is a virtual lock yet.
If the Oilers go 9-9-0 that's 18 more points. Winnipeg needs 21 points in 16 games so something like 10-5-1. Arizona would need to go 11-4-1.

So yeah it's possible, only if either Winnipeg or Arizona go on absolute heaters which neither team has shown the ability to this year

If Edmonton goes 7-11-0 2 games under 0.500 Winnipeg would only have to go 8-7-1 which is quite likely, which is why i said it. As long as Edmonton is a 0.500 team or better, hell as long as Vegas, Vancouver and Edmonton are 0.500 teams or better, their chances of making the playoffs are like 90%

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If the Oilers go 9-9-0 that's 18 more points. Winnipeg needs 21 points in 16 games so something like 10-5-1. Arizona would need to go 11-4-1.

So yeah it's possible, only if either Winnipeg or Arizona go on absolute heaters which neither team has shown the ability to this year

If Edmonton goes 7-11-0 2 games under 0.500 Winnipeg would only have to go 8-7-1 which is quite likely, which is why i said it. As long as Edmonton is a 0.500 team or better, hell as long as Vegas, Vancouver and Edmonton are 0.500 teams or better, their chances of making the playoffs are like 90%
Personally, until the Oilers fall into a WC battle, I'm not worried about Nashville or Winnipeg, just focus on the division until you have to focus on more then that.

Edit: That said they still need to win their games and games against those teams.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Ideally we have a top 3 spot locked with a chance to knock Calgary out of a playoff spot the last game of the year. That would be a nice bonus heading into the playoffs. We just need to be 2 points up on the Flames going into that final game as we would no doubt have more regulation wins in case of a tie. The Coyotes are an afterthought right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->