Pre-Game Talk: No More HBO! Leafs vs Rangers|Saturday January 4th 2014|7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Lupul Back in the line up. No suspension.

I would roll with these lines:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel

Holland-Kadri-Lupul

Kulie-Raymond-Clarkson

D'amigo-Mcclement-Orr

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Personally I think the second line is too soft. Need a guy like Clarkson or Kulemin to make space for Kadri and Lupul. I'd go with

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Clarkson
Raymond Holland Kulemin
D'Amigo McClement Orr

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
I guess he's not dressing for this one.

Hope they can keep the roll going, seems like have been getting at least a point per game for a while now.
I'm guessing that Randy Carlyle sees Paul Ranger over Tim Gleason in the depth chart right now.

Honestly considering Tim Gleason's recent play, I don't blame Carlyle. To be honest with you, I would rather that Carlyle sit out Orr and dress Gleason as the 7th defenseman just to try him out. It's not like we really need Orr to play 5 mins/g. We have plenty of wing depth. And McClement can also play wing.

I hope that Carlyle seriously considers demoting Cody Franson to the bottom pair after that Winter Classic ****fest performance from Franson. This isn't an isolated incident. Outside of the powerplay, Cody Franson has been playing poorly more often than not.

What I'd like to see since Lupul isn't being suspended after all:

van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Kadri-Lupul (Kulemin in top 6 to provide size/toughness/etc.)
Raymond-Holland-Clarkson
D'Amigo-McClement-Broll (why do I even bother suggesting Broll be called up when we know that Carlyle will always dress Orr? lol McLaren if Orr is injured).

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Gardiner-Rielly
Franson-Ranger/Gleason

PP
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel
Raymond-Kadri-Lupul

Franson-Rielly
Phaneuf-Gardiner

PK
McClement-Kulemin
Bozak-D'Amigo

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Ranger/Gleason-Gardiner

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Gleason might not play until Tuesday (or Thursday)
(which makes sense, gives him a chance to learn the systems etc).

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Personally I think the second line is too soft. Need a guy like Clarkson or Kulemin to make space for Kadri and Lupul. I'd go with

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Clarkson
Raymond Holland Kulemin
D'Amigo McClement Orr
I can't see Holland playing in a shut down role yet. He's not good enough in his own end. We'll probably see McClement on the shut down line with Clarkson/ Kulemin. I'm guessing both.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
We will likely be seeing Talbot in net as Lundqvist is getting torched in net against Penguins. 4GA in 17 shots after 2nd period.

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
Can we finally see Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson for extended period of time? seems like we never were able to see them for more then a game or two because of suspensions and injuries.

Bluejaysfan*

Have to take advantage of NY playing tonight. Our next 5 games are all very winnable but should be approached one game at a time.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
We can win this. Bozak coming back should be the start of playing better and separating from Detroit and Ottawa. Kessel and Van Reimsdyk will put up better numbers too. I'm hoping to hear in the next week or 2 that Bolland will start skating soon. That would be nice!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Need this win. Put 7 points between the Rangers and the Leafs with a regulation win.

GO LEAFS!!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We will likely be seeing Talbot in net as Lundqvist is getting torched in net against Penguins. 4GA in 17 shots after 2nd period.

I think he was going to play either way.

He's been great against us this year...

Hopefully we play a lot better though this time around.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think he was going to play either way.

He's been great against us this year...

Hopefully we play a lot better though this time around.

This is the 2nd of a back to back for the Rangers. Henrik played last night so Talbot was probably already slotted for this start.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs really need to start racking up more regulation wins as opposed to OT and SO wins as with the new wildcard format a lot of teams might end up tied with points.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Leafs really need to start racking up more regulation wins as opposed to OT and SO wins as with the new wildcard format a lot of teams might end up tied with points.

Why would a lot of teams end of tied in points because of the format change?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Lupul Back in the line up. No suspension.

I would roll with these lines:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel

Holland-Kadri-Lupul

Kulie-Raymond-Clarkson

D'amigo-Mcclement-Orr

Switch holland and Raymond, and that would be my lines too. Kind of looking forward to seeing Gleason too. He was a good defensive d man at one point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad