No More Blue Jerseys

BeauKnows19

Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
Saw this on Twitter.

@RealDanaHeinze
It's a blue day again today. We are required to wear our alternant 3rd jersey 6 times this season. After today 3 more. :help:

@RealDanaHeinze
Last 3 Penguins Blue Games, March 24, March 30, April 2

Should we start predictions on what bad things will happen on those days? :sarcasm:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Saw this on Twitter.

@RealDanaHeinze
It's a blue day again today. We are required to wear our alternant 3rd jersey 6 times this season. After today 3 more. :help:

@RealDanaHeinze

Should we start predictions on what bad things will happen on those days? :sarcasm:

- Cooke is found guilty of and sentanced to death for the murders of JFK, Lennon, and the Lindbergh Baby.

- Geno is discovered to be an undercover Russian spy that has posed as a hockey player this whole time and is therefore deported.

- Crosby suffers Dempster's bread related food poisoning.

:sarcasm:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Saw this on Twitter.

@RealDanaHeinze

@RealDanaHeinze

Interesting that they're being grouped so much. Also very telling that the Penguins are using them the absolute least amount of times possible.

I'm really hoping the Penguins don't **** this opportunity up and just give the fans what they want. The amount of money this team would make on bringing back those 1980-92 designs would be absurd.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Interesting that they're being grouped so much. Also very telling that the Penguins are using them the absolute least amount of times possible.

I'm really hoping the Penguins don't **** this opportunity up and just give the fans what they want. The amount of money this team would make on bringing back those 1980-92 designs would be absurd.

don't they already sell them though? I know I have one. I know they'd sell more, but since they already sell some as is, I think they'll make more money with something different.

I would love these
201053010314225155.jpg

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
They do sell them...but they're the vintage ones and the only person people are going to buy with that is Lemieux...and vintage jerseys don't really sell that much. The navy blue fauxbacks sell way more than the vintage ones do.

I want that design with Sid or Geno on it. I'm not being 'that guy' and putting a player's name on a jersey he never wore.

And I would love the all-golds.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
They do sell them...but they're the vintage ones and the only person people are going to buy with that is Lemieux...and vintage jerseys don't really sell that much. The navy blue fauxbacks sell way more than the vintage ones do.

I want that design with Sid or Geno on it. I'm not being 'that guy' and putting a player's name on a jersey he never wore.

And I would love the all-golds.

lies. I own this jersey
errey_78.jpg

point taken, but I still would prefer the yellows

Clunker

Mar 4, 2007
1. they're uglyl as sin
2. not pittsburgh colors
3. the stripes represent concussions to core players. we have 2 more stripes!!!!

burn them.

So what? Why do we have to be the one city where every sports team wears the same colors?

ObsessedCreative*

I think superstitions are complete crap and people who believe them should be mocked accordingly. But I also think the jerseys are really ugly so I'm on board :laugh:

You and me both... I hated those frankensteined abortions when they started making their way around the internet, and now after all that has happened in those and how stupid they look on the ice, I LOATHE them! :rant:

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't like the uniform choice for the 2011 classic, I thought at Heinz Field the Pens should have went with their early 90's Stanley Cup uniforms.

But I do like these uniforms, I might be in the minority there :laugh:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I didn't like the uniform choice for the 2011 classic, I thought at Heinz Field the Pens should have went with their early 90's Stanley Cup uniforms.

But I do like these uniforms, I might be in the minority there :laugh:

I think they haven't had thirds similar to the early 90's jersey because of Mario. He doesn't want the team to reminisce over the early 90's nor make it seem like everything is about that team and him. Mario wants it to be about the team right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad