Trade: [NO/MIL/OKC] Holiday, 2nd to MIL, Adams, Bledsoe, 2 1sts, 2 swaps to NO, 1st, 2 2nds, Hill to OKC

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
well this trade just set the bar for a potential harden to bkn trade

if holiday got 3 1st rounders in return and robert covington got two, then the rockets better be asking for at least 10 in return for harden

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Big upgrade for the Bucks. They’re finally going all in to try and win.

You have to worry about those picks though. We’ll see what the protections are but they might be screwed if Giannis leaves. Well, they’d be screwed anyways but much more so if they also have no picks. Maybe they know something we don’t about his extension if they’re willing to trade that many picks for a very good but not great player in Holiday?

I think its more out desperation to make the finals and possibly win in Giannis last contract year. I doubt he wants to stay if they don't go very far. This is a move to show him they are serious about contending for championships and they will stop at nothing.

Especially after they botched last summer, letting Brogdon go because their billionaire owners didnt want to pay the luxury tax.

well this trade just set the bar for a potential harden to bkn trade

if holiday got 3 1st rounders in return and robert covington got two, then the rockets better be asking for at least 10 in return for harden

I honestly dont think the Nets are as interested in Harden as he is in them. They can certainly make the finals with a Kyrie/KD duo (IF KD returns to an all star level) and they'd pretty much lose all of their depth + future by trading for Harden. Not to mention any and all cap flexibility.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Really nice trade for NO.

Bucks going all in. Can't blame them, but plenty of risk involved. But that's future GM's problem.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bucks basically doing what Gilbert should have done in 2009 (although LeBron leaving was a foregone conclusion long before that; the effort would have been nice)

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I don't know if this puts Milwaukee over the top but that has more to do with Giannis than it does Holiday.

I've never been a huge Giannis fan. Never for a second have I believed him to be the best player in the world - regardless of MVP's. Gaudy statistics, no doubt about it. But there's just something missing for me.

I agree, and I think this is because his physical tools >>> than his actual skills. For an MVP player, he's actually very raw in terms of footwork, jump-shot etc. I'm also not sure about his IQ offensively - maybe that will come with experience, but he doesn't seem like a "natural" basketball player. His impact defensively is amazing, and for a 6'11 guy to have the kind of straight-line speed, vertical leap and lateral quickness he has is pretty much never before seen - BUT he is very flawed - in the playoffs when teams clog the paint, can he score? This year, he kind of definitively answered "no", until he develops a few moves and cleans up his release on his jumpshot. He doesn't even need to be a 3 point monster - look at what a guy like Butler can do from mid-range and being crafty at the rim. He's turning 26 soon, so he still has time to round out his game, but if he doesn't, then we'll likely be looking at a steep drop-off for him in his 30s.

Many of the league's other top players: Curry, Kawhi, Durant to name a few all are renowned for their skill levels more than their athleticism, and LeBron is just a total freak with probably equal parts skill and athleticism. So Giannis by comparison seems more like a decathlete that got turned into a basketball player - he's an upper tier player that seems like he could be decent at a lot of sports because of his sublime physical tools, but his game is like 90% athleticism, while the more refined skills and offensive IQ that the other top players have seem to be lacking with him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad