No meeting thread??? Here's one

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Slangston_Hughes said:
It's not the overused expressions that I'm tired of. It's certain individuals who have made a 'name' for themselves because of this lockout. Like everyone's favorite blogger. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he releases a book, "How I Duped the Hockey World", when all is said and done. Credibility will be lost and money gained, but lets be honest, he never had any credibility to begin with.

Here is Bob McKenzies take from a previous thread.

A word about blogs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote the following as a reply to a thread that was just closed. I'll throw it out there now and if the mods feel it, too, should be locked, so be it, no problem, but I wanted to go on record with the following:

I have said it before, I will say it again...when it comes to Eklund, do not throw the baby out with the bath water. Which is to suggest he sometimes has very good information that no one else has. Which is to suggest he sometimes has totally bogus information that has not an ounce of truth to it. He puts up stuff unfiltered, whatever he hears, he posts. If he hears something, he puts it up, and there is clearly a lack of accountability and he's the first to tell you that...it's a rumour site, it's a blog.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't talk to some people in high places because I know for a fact he does. I also know for a fact that a lot of people in hockey, in all positions in the NHL, check him out every day. The challenge is figuring out what's totally bogus and what's legit. You guys are at a disadvantage because you can't do that directly. I can and I can tell you there has been information posted there that no one else had that was indeed factual. And you're kidding yourself if you don't think some NHL players don't burn up his e-mail line.

That doesn't make him an authoritative voice on the lockout, but it doesn't make him a fraud or a phony either. I personally wouldn't pay 10 bucks to get his "inside" stuff, but I wouldn't ignore everything he writes either. I'm not sure what his batting average is on right vs. wrong -- on volume, it's probably not Ted Williams-like -- but I know of some so-called "legitimate" news sources who are below the Mendosa line when it comes to accuracy on lockout coverage.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
ACC1224 said:
Here is Bob McKenzies take from a previous thread.

A word about blogs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote the following as a reply to a thread that was just closed. I'll throw it out there now and if the mods feel it, too, should be locked, so be it, no problem, but I wanted to go on record with the following:

I have said it before, I will say it again...when it comes to Eklund, do not throw the baby out with the bath water. Which is to suggest he sometimes has very good information that no one else has. Which is to suggest he sometimes has totally bogus information that has not an ounce of truth to it. He puts up stuff unfiltered, whatever he hears, he posts. If he hears something, he puts it up, and there is clearly a lack of accountability and he's the first to tell you that...it's a rumour site, it's a blog.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't talk to some people in high places because I know for a fact he does. I also know for a fact that a lot of people in hockey, in all positions in the NHL, check him out every day. The challenge is figuring out what's totally bogus and what's legit. You guys are at a disadvantage because you can't do that directly. I can and I can tell you there has been information posted there that no one else had that was indeed factual. And you're kidding yourself if you don't think some NHL players don't burn up his e-mail line.

That doesn't make him an authoritative voice on the lockout, but it doesn't make him a fraud or a phony either. I personally wouldn't pay 10 bucks to get his "inside" stuff, but I wouldn't ignore everything he writes either. I'm not sure what his batting average is on right vs. wrong -- on volume, it's probably not Ted Williams-like -- but I know of some so-called "legitimate" news sources who are below the Mendosa line when it comes to accuracy on lockout coverage.

Eklund is the 1st one to tell you its a rumor.

Phelan

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Tiki said:
Actually "two weeks left" is starting to sound more like "I want my two dollars" from Better Off Dead. Repetitive, annoying, and not really getting the job done for the reporter or the reader.

Or how long Arnold is staying on Mars in Total Recall.

"Two weeks! Twoooooooooo.....weeeeeeeeks..."

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
There's nothing to say. No issues remain unsolved, or if there are they won't be resolved with just the #2s and the outside lawyers around, and the fact they aren't bothering to bring in more these days doesn't lead one to believe there is anything left to negotiate. All they're doing now is loophole-hunting.

The next news of any interest at all will be the NHL press conference announcing the deal.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Crazy_Ike said:
There's nothing to say. No issues remain unsolved, or if there are they won't be resolved with just the #2s and the outside lawyers around, and the fact they aren't bothering to bring in more these days doesn't lead one to believe there is anything left to negotiate. All they're doing now is loophole-hunting.

The next news of any interest at all will be the NHL press conference announcing the deal.

All seriousness and pseudo-optimism-killing aside you are absolutely right.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
The Messenger said:
Yup being Pro-Fan ... not concerned for their feelings to tell you the truth and the sooner the NHL gets rid of them and moves on the better for everyone involved.

You know the saying .. "What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the Ocean??"

A GOOD START ..

PRO-FANE?

IN-DEED!

BTW, I've heard that joke many times over the past 10 years but it was always 10,000 accountants; 10,000 phonies; 10,000 you-know-what-team's fans.....

Seriously!

Did someone say "two weeks"??!!

:yo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->