Blue Jays Discussion: No longer the off-season. It's time for real baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
So anticipating a mop up role today I assume.

Just awesome. lol

Or that they'll need a lot of innings from the pen, mop-up or not, because Zeuch likely only goes through the lineup once or twice even if he does well.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Merryweather!

jb.gif

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I never see Zeuch get mentioned in our upper echelon of pitching prospects, like Pearson Manoah and SWR, but he looks like he can be a good contributer. 1st rounder as well.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I never see Zeuch get mentioned in our upper echelon of pitching prospects, like Pearson Manoah and SWR, but he looks like he can be a good contributer. 1st rounder as well.

He's a step below them. Pearson has been viewed as a potential ace. Manoah and Woods Richardson have usually been slotted in about the 2/3 range. Zeuch is looked at as an innings-eating 4/5 type. Not as sexy as the others, so it bears less mention.

Kloffenstein has fallen kind of into that Zeuch tier unless he rebounds well this season, and nobody knows what to make of van Eyk (too soon) or Pardihno (need to see how he returns from all the lost time due to injury) either.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
He's a step below them. Pearson has been viewed as a potential ace. Manoah and Woods Richardson have usually been slotted in about the 2/3 range. Zeuch is looked at as an innings-eating 4/5 type. Not as sexy as the others, so it bears less mention.

Kloffenstein has fallen kind of into that Zeuch tier unless he rebounds well this season, and nobody knows what to make of van Eyk (too soon) or Pardihno (need to see how he returns from all the lost time due to injury) either.
yeah the 3 i mentioned are better prospects than Zeuch no doubt. just saying Zeuch can be a good MLBer as well. i think a solid #4 is his ceiling.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Am I the only one who sees Manoah possibly being in the Pearson tier? Obviously there are sample size and bullpen concerns, but there was both with Pearson too.

Reactions: TopChedder

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I'm not concerned about our pitching

Ryu
Ray
Zeuch+Thornton combo for 5-6
Stripling+Hatch (when back) combo for 5-6
Matz
Pearson
Roark
Kay

Seems like we have so many combinations that are good enough to keep us in games.

Over 162 we'll need these guys to throw 7 innings

SWR, Manoah could be up by seasons end or next year.

Add a pitcher at the deadline

We're gonna be fine. Glad we didn't over pay for any of the pitchers on the market this year.

I don't mind these combo starters at all

Reactions: BigBlu

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I'm not concerned about our pitching

Ryu
Ray
Zeuch+Thornton combo for 5-6
Stripling+Hatch (when back) combo for 5-6
Matz
Pearson
Roark
Kay

Seems like we have so many combinations that are good enough to keep us in games.

Over 162 we'll need these guys to throw 7 innings

SWR, Manoah could be up by seasons end or next year.

Add a pitcher at the deadline

We're gonna be fine. Glad we didn't over pay for any of the pitchers on the market this year.

I don't mind these combo starters at all
yeah that isnt talked about enough. some fans act like this is our rotation all year because we didnt sign one in the offseason. we should be buyers and if we have a need to fill, it should be filled.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just got a Sportsnet alert that Valera and McGuire cleared waivers, don't appear to have opted for a release off the back of their DFA and will report to the Jays' alternate training site.

Reese will be happy he's staying in Florida. He could've been scared stiff about having to relocate and instead he gets to release all that pent-up stress instead. Truly a happy ending.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I would still argue they should have gotten more for Donaldson (and, more importantly, should have traded him the previous offseason), but if Merryweather pans out the way he looks like he might then, at the very least, it's another testament to Shapiro-led teams' ability to find high-end pitchers in unexpected places.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
The one early concern is Montoyo going to the pen so early in games. The bullpen will be burnt out by mid June. I know the book says don't let guys go thru the order a 3rd time but gotta let them work it out even today Zeuch could have went out for the 5th and saved 1 pen arm.

Imagine if you can get 6 innings from guys the majority of the time.....the bullpen would be well rested and a threat with Romano, Merryweather, Borucki, Chatwood among them.

Reactions: BigBlu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad