No Local Broadcast Radio For Oakland A's In Bay Area This Season, Games To Stream On TuneIn

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Expos put English broadcasts on expos.com in 2000 but this is a bad sign for the team staying in the Bay Area

No Local Broadcast Radio For Oakland A's In Bay Area This Season, Games To Stream On TuneIn

The Kings do something similar do they not? I wonder how older fans who are used to older radios deal with this. My dad is technologically challenged so I know he won't be able to listen to many A's games. I know we live in a digital age, but making it harder to find your games feels like shooting yourself in the foot.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Really weird radio situation for teams, IMHO.

AHL San Jose is streaming their audio after having terrestrial radio the prior four years. This upcoming week with Eastern Conference swing, NHL San Jose is streaming their radio/audio; and with new app, the organization streams both AHL and NHL games for free.

MLB Giants are on KNBR (680). (I think the As were on one of the other "channels" for KNBR)

oknazevad

Dec 12, 2018
Well, it is the Bay Area, the center of the tech world, so if anyone can justify having only streaming for audio broadcasts, it's a team from the area. But what about the classic "having the game on the radio for everyone to listen to while working" situation? Do they stream it through their phones with a Bluetooth? Because that's the sort of low-tech scenario that radio broadcasts really excel at, especially these days.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well, it is the Bay Area, the center of the tech world, so if anyone can justify having only streaming for audio broadcasts, it's a team from the area. But what about the classic "having the game on the radio for everyone to listen to while working" situation? Do they stream it through their phones with a Bluetooth? Because that's the sort of low-tech scenario that radio broadcasts really excel at, especially these days.

A lot of moving parts here.

The Giants have a huge following on KNBR 680 which is a full-blown AM station with no signal limitations. A powerhouse AM station in Boston, WRKO 680, can NOT beam to the west at night to protect KNBR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->